Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,584   Online: 981

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did anyone mention that Deardorf is back?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The OP did in the very first post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I see. And I even checked before I asked. Guess it's time for new glasses.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhilton View Post
    Aren’t Panavision, and Arri not really making new film cameras in any meaningful numbers, just continuing to rent out (or sell in Arri's case) existing ones already made or from existing parts? It is actually quite a few years since either of those companies released a new film camera model which is interesting.

Same applies for the Canon 1V and Nikon F6 I think, just selling from existing stock and have been for a few years. I was told (can't confirm it) that the Canon 7D is produced on part of the line that used to make the 1V?
    I don't have production figures for the manufacturers you mentioned but it is no secret that the demand for film cameras has waned tremendously in recent years.

However, all the cameras you noted are listed by their manufacturers as current models and are available new with warranties, etc.

And, all new products are assembled from previously manufactured parts.
    Last edited by BobD; 08-15-2011 at 09:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhilton View Post
    Same applies for the Canon 1V and Nikon F6 I think, just selling from existing stock and have been for a few years.
    The Nikon F6 is definitely still in production. There was an official statement about that in this spring.

Plaubel, Linhof, Gilde and Kamerawerke Dresden (all in Germany) are producing analog cameras as well.

And Braun, Reflecta, DHW, Götschmann and RBT (all in Germany, too) are producing new slide projectors.
    Last edited by Film-Niko; 08-16-2011 at 10:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin