Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,431   Online: 843

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

8mm film processing

hi ...

a few months ago i posted some images in the gallery of "prints" or "stills" of
    some 8mm movie footage i shot about 10years ago ... a few years later i sold off
    all my equipment
    i miss it ...

now ... i have come full circle and might be buying another
    8mm set-up ... i have a guy down the street who buys/sells/fixes all things 8mm so
    i am in good hands

i do have a question though ... i used to buy film and have it processed through
    2 sources ... prepfilm ... sometimes i had it processed through fuji ...
    they are about the same price ... and both do good work...

are there many other places to have film processed these days ?
    i know dwaynes in kansas still processes ektachrome,
    and cinelab in fall river / new bedford still processes film but they have a minimum
    footage ...

any other places i should know about ?

thanks !
    john

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am a Super 8 shooter, and I use the same two places you mentioned.

Cinelab does not have a minimum, but you really want to send them at least 2 rolls at a time or it it is just too expensive. I really like that with Cinelab I can shoot on the weekend and by Friday I am ready for home movie night. Maybe it is different for 8mm, but I don't see a reason why it should be, 8mm is easier to un-spool.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin