Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,303   Posts: 1,536,259   Online: 805

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Ken, that is the best reason for buying cameras that I have seen, will show that to my wife!
    Heh, heh...

When she asks, tell her you heard it from Fred.

Fred
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Can you imagine DR5-processed B&W reversals? Wow...

Ken
    Yes, but I was wondering how they are reproduced to give the 3D effect. Or is the center lens just a viewing lens, and the rest like a normal stereo camera?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Yes, but I was wondering how they are reproduced to give the 3D effect. Or is the center lens just a viewing lens, and the rest like a normal stereo camera?
    I think that's it, yes. The center lens would be like the upper viewing lens in a TLR? The other two then just a normal stereoscopic pair?

As far as reproducing from negatives to give a 3D effect, one doesn't even need the separate viewer...

If standard prints are made, and the prints are arranged side-by-side at the same distance as separates your eyes, and you look down at them and allow your eyes to relax to infinty (i.e., look through them, not at them), then with a little effort they can be perceived to snap into 3D without the need for an external viewer.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't believe the price started so low. I've got to keep track of this to see what it goes for. Hope you get it. I would think it would be an investment as well as fun to use. Just take good care of it - it's a piece of history!
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is a helluva camera!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't shoot me, but wouldn't it be cheaper and equal or higher photographic quality to just get two Rolleiflexes on a stereo bar?

(yes)

But I agree, where's the fun in that!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stereo bar? Not sure what that is. I'm in the process of trying to build my own 120 stereo camera, but who knows when that will happen (if ever.) Foremost though, that camera is just a thing of beauty!
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Old flash bars work well, and a guy on eBay makes a stereo bar.

Here's what I had in mind -> http://cgi.ebay.com/Twin-SLR-DSLR-Ca...item335d6d51fa

Two cameras and boom, you're doing 3D with as high quality a setup as you would normally use.

And check this Rollei unit out... http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolleiflex-Stere...item5d2feff1aa (though this is designed for 1 camera and to switch positions between exposures)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That seems like the images would be way too far apart...for my usage. Aren't those more for far away stuff? I tend to shoot things up close and personal!
    Last edited by tjaded; 08-17-2011 at 12:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, they're adjustable, but you're right depending on what camera you use. Like an SLR probably would be pushed too far apart, but 2 Rolleiflex's might be able to approach the interocular distance (62-65mm).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin