Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,755   Online: 934

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The black 135 cans are used for bulk-loading. The clear ones I use nuts, washers and other small things in my tool boxes and bags.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The black 135 cans are used for bulk-loading. The clear ones I use nuts, washers and other small things in my tool boxes and bags.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    I keep them in a plastic bag, with their canisters. They might be useful "one day". If I like Rollei 200 CN for instance (or CR 200) I will certainly begin rolling my own, and the used cartridges might be useful. And when I begin B&W work I will certainly roll my own. I don't do this only with cartridges. There's plenty of stuff that I keep "just in case". I'm very good at finding future hypothetical use of any kind of stuff. Luckily I'm going to sell my house and move into a bigger one
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I for the clear ones, used them when I was still keeping and growing local tarantulas and scorpions, for the black ones those were where I placed large Super Worms so they can metamorphose into an adult beetle. They fit perfectly there and the temp and humidity they get is just perfect (has 1 or 2 pinholes for air). They also are perfect as a drinking "bowl" for tropical snakes (mostly vipers).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I use my 35mm canisters for pot!

Jeff
    Iffen ya gottem, smokem!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    With a little internal trimming, the caps from black Kodak cans make servicable lens caps for many of the lenses on Speed Graphics and other older cameras. Years ago I've had to beg the cans from film processers when respooling 35mm film for major photo trips. One can develop a short piece of test film in one. For non-critical work they make inexpensive and convenient pinhole cameras. They work for housing minature electronic devices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I drilled flat-bottom holes about 3/4 inch deep into some left-over 5/4 pine and fastened it on the inside of a workshop closet door. Perfect for cataloging small hardware items.

('scuse the alternate technology)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _A7823_35mm_HardwareRack.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use them to store spare change for baggage trolleys, when I fly domestically in AU - a total rip-off IMHO, but better than being stranded with $50 note and unable to cash it anywhere!

And I have a couple which are full of water and kept frozen - I've used to bring the temp down on my film developer, when I've accidentally heated it a little too high

My dad uses some for storing bits in the shed - although not as well laid out as yours DW! And my mum uses for storing buttons and small stuff - the rest I recycle.

I've always got 4 or 5 hanging around "just in case".

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have a large box for our students to toss them in. With 125 students per semester we get quite a few.

I mix together Ammonium dichromate and acetone in them for use of spirit sensitizing carbon tissue. The nice tight caps allow me to mix up enough for several carbon tissues without the acetone evaporating away. And I use them to premix my pigment before adding it to the melted gelatin and sugar when making the carbon "glop". I just shake them up!

Handy things. Painting and lithography students raid our stash for use of their ink or paint. Or so they tell me...
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just use them to store spare change for vending machines, washing macines, and pretty much anything that takes coins. Otherwise, I recycle them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin