Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,664   Online: 804

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the explanation, Jim. In a normal tank most will use inversion agitation. If you don't put the lid on the can I presume that swirling the dev in the can while open and upright achieves the same effect.

Certainly for a clip test your "trick" uses a lot less dev.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to make rockets when I was younger. These days I aimlessly juggle with them
    OM-2n, 50/1.8 (Black) | AE-1 Program, 50/1.8 (Silver)
    flickr.
    My other little piece of the Web.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    With the 35 mm canister I make pinhole for solargraphy : http://www.le-stenope-republicain.in...-sole-mio.html

Shooter
    35mm
    I mostly use them for storing small sewing stuff, beads, and for keeping craft paint from drying out. If you have leftover paint and put it in a film canister usually it stays fresher and doesn't dry out as quickly. Also I have several in my purse for change, for pills, whatever.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, Jim. In a normal tank most will use inversion agitation. . . .
    I put the cap on and slowly roll the cannister on a table top. It takes only a tiny fraction of an ounce of developer which is then disgarded.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Jim. This is in danger of becoming a separate thread but I have another question if I may. It suddenly struck me that the very economical way it uses dev then raises the issue of whether a few ccs of dev will be enough. For instance if the dev of choice is Xtol as it is in my case then Kodak recommends at least 100ml of stock. However this is for a full 36 frame 35mm so would I be right in assuming that the can will hold enough dev to do 3.5 inches of film.

This is about 3 frames so a 1/12th of a full film so 8-10 cc's should be enough and if so then the can will easily hold enough.

Is my logic correct?

Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Thanks, Jim. This is in danger of becoming a separate thread but I have another question if I may. It suddenly struck me that the very economical way it uses dev then raises the issue of whether a few ccs of dev will be enough. For instance if the dev of choice is Xtol as it is in my case then Kodak recommends at least 100ml of stock. However this is for a full 36 frame 35mm so would I be right in assuming that the can will hold enough dev to do 3.5 inches of film.

This is about 3 frames so a 1/12th of a full film so 8-10 cc's should be enough and if so then the can will easily hold enough.

Is my logic correct?

Thanks
    Your logic sounds good to me. You might want to check with a bit of old film to make sure that 8-10cc will consistantly wet the entire film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The clear Fuji 35mm canisters I use for fly fishing patterns. It gets confusing though when I'm looking for film while out fishing....
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i usually have a sea of this stuff -
    a few times a year, when i can't see the floor anymore,
    i take a shovel and scoop it all up and dump it in the trash.

using the canisters for solargraphs and rockets sounds fun ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today I used an all black Ilford film canister to make a loupe skirt for a mamiya sekor sx 55mm 1.4 I had lying around. Measured for focusing distance, cut, and sanded smooth, it fits over the rear element snugly. Now Ive got a pretty awesome loupe that rests flat on my light box. Though the 55mm focal length doesnt cover the entire frame, and is about 5-6x magnification, its totally distortionless edge to edge, and bright!. I had it side to side with my 8x agfa loupe, what a difference!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin