Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,677   Online: 792

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My iTunes will be waiting, i just hope there isn't several hours of programs released all at once, I like to be able to listen to these things one at a time then take a break, I am not a marathon listener.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel,

Portra 160VC was one of my favourite films as well. I've not used much of the new 160 but have used a fair amount of the new Portra 400 which is excellent.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Filmwasters is a fun one to listen to once in a while as well.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A relief to hear, Photo Engineer. He does a fantastic job highlighting film news and film photographers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's 'PJ' people? Pajama people, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    Inside Analog Photo has not gone anywhere... We have been working on a very important project that will be announced in the next 24 hours. This new project has a tie-in with the radio program. Once I voice new intro & out segments I will let go a ton of new programming starting this week. And as Ron has said I have 2 interviews in the can with him and over 20 more as well including Ilford. As to the Wedding / PJ photographers, this is the ONLY segment of the market which is growing. That market segment is what a LOT of our listeners want to her from, as well as our sponsors. If it where not for the wedding / PJ people you would of not seen the new films that have been released from from Kodak in the past few years.

Thanks

Scott
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    What's 'PJ' people? Pajama people, or something else?
    P(hoto) J(ournalist), and some of them are 'something else'.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    P(hoto) J(ournalist), and some of them are 'something else'.
    I think abbreviations gain something for a few people, but usually detract from those that are not knowledgeable of them. I work in a company that literally has a library of all the abbreviations that are used in finance and business talk. There are over 3,000 of them.

Anyhow, thanks for bringing the show back on the road!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I understand how you feel about the contrast. Ektar 100 is the same way. The reason its set that way is because with a lower contrast its easier to scan and when your using a hybrid environment you have much more control with a lower contrast negative. Sense most film is scanned it just makes more sense for Kodak to lower the contrast with the new films.

Even if your not a Wedding Photographers and or Photo Journalist you can still learn a lot from them.

I am anxiously awaiting for the new shows.

Scott
    Last edited by blackandwhitebeetle; 10-08-2011 at 01:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just wondering what is happening with the podcast? Any announcement of the project you mentioned earlier, Scott? Look forward to new episode.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I think abbreviations gain something for a few people, but usually detract from those that are not knowledgeable of them. I work in a company that literally has a library of all the abbreviations that are used in finance and business talk. There are over 3,000 of them.

Anyhow, thanks for bringing the show back on the road!
    What one needs is a LOAAA.

If you have a LOAAA, you do not need one to look it up.

LOAAA = List Of Acronyms And Abbreviations
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin