Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,366   Online: 862

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    That's the way it was before digi.
    Now, photography has no worth so they expect unlimited in perpetuity.
    but that is the story of what photography is today
    ad agencies and other folks who need / want to
    obtain usage for photographs scour flicr and other places
    and craft bias waivers for a buy-out or use in an annual report &C
    for a fraction of what a professional would charge himself
    or through a stock-house.

i wouldn't be surprised if the person who wrote was real
    and she was asking for what her boss/es told her to ask for ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    Yes Rael is real, most definitely.

And female, most definitely.

- Leigh
    But is that really Rael?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A usual release for an e-book is for a set time like five years and only for that publication.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Get used to requests for SSNs. Current IRS code requires the seller of products and services to provide to the purchaser their FEIN or SSN and for the buyer to issue a 1099 if in the calendar year they pay $600 or more. The law is written so that even when you go into a Staples, they will need to provide their FEIN to any buyer. Also, the law covers things like landlords having to issue 1099s, accountants and lawyer, the same. The law's application was extended to start in 2012 so it is coming up. In the past year, I've had many client's call about requets to fill out the form W-9 that is required by the IRS to be completed and submitted the buyer by the seller. A provided can use a substitute to the W-9.

No phone #, no email address, no deal. You may want to check with the Sec'y of State to see if there is a registered company and its addess and registered agent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    Get used to requests for SSNs. Current IRS code requires the seller of products and services to provide to the purchaser their FEIN or SSN and for the buyer to issue a 1099 if in the calendar year they pay $600 or more. The law is written so that even when you go into a Staples, they will need to provide their FEIN to any buyer. Also, the law covers things like landlords having to issue 1099s, accountants and lawyer, the same. The law's application was extended to start in 2012 so it is coming up. In the past year, I've had many client's call about requets to fill out the form W-9 that is required by the IRS to be completed and submitted the buyer by the seller. A provided can use a substitute to the W-9. No phone #, no email address, no deal. You may want to check with the Sec'y of State to see if there is a registered company and its addess and registered agent.
    USA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well apparently there is an Avena Productions . com website now, but the moment I click on it, my PC Tools Spyware Doctor blocks access and classifies it as a "Known Bad Site" with as risk level of High.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would seem my initial skepticism was well founded. This will apparently not be a first step on my journey to the Getty. lol
    "There is no such thing as objective reality in a photograph"

My flickr and (gasp!) dpug photos - take a look if you like.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention. It’s been useful feedback and we’ve modified our release based on the remarks contained in this thread. It was never our intention to do anything aside from showcasing photographer’s work through a community-based digital publication, and we apologize if our communications did not represent that. As this is a new venture, our website is still being built and has yet to launch. Please rest assured that we plan on moving forward only with the best intentions and that our hopes have been to provide a new outlet and exposure for peoples work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Theeeeeyyyyyyy'rrrrrrrrrre watching.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin