Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,670   Online: 898

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Mr Rusty's tip for better photos...

Remember to check there is a film in the camera!

First time ever I have done this. Grabbed my OM1 which is usually loaded with B&W, checked the counter - plenty left - only on "2". Shot the film, went to rewind and......... no film! Felt such a twonk I didn't let on to my d******l shooting colleagues. Still, loaded a film and carried on.

I normally get in the habit of loading a fresh film every time I take the used one out. I use 3 OMs with B&W, Portra 400 and ektar 100. Somehow, must have forgotten to reload, and never noticed the rewind wasn't rotating..........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't think about giving up my screen anytime soon. I've recently done the same thing. Felt like an idiot. Yes, I know the rewind crank turns everytime I advance the film on my OM. Won't do that again, well at least not right away . . . or hope I don't. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Forgetting to load film, not checking that the camera is loaded before opening and forgetting to put the kickstand down on my motorcycle before I dismount. These are a few of my favorite things to forget to remember at the worst times.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least you didn't open the camera while it still had unwound film in it!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    15 years ago I hiked over a mile to a frozen waterfall in Colorado only to find the battery dead on my camera. I hiked back to the car and got a fresh battery. Upon arrival at the waterfall the second time I discovered I didn't bring any film. Another trip... A few years ago I did it again, with the film I mean. Was shooting some beautiful stuff on the windward side of Mt. Tamalpais and then I started to get that funny feeling. Yep, after two hours and about 50 shots, no film. Needless to say I am now religious to the point of paranoia about checking film whenever I pick up a camera. Every time. No one is immune to this though. Everyone reading this thread can identify with that particular sinking feeling whether they comment or not.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wouldn't help my photos any...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    Remember to check there is a film in the camera!

First time ever I have done this. Grabbed my OM1 which is usually loaded with B&W, checked the counter - plenty left - only on "2". Shot the film, went to rewind and......... no film! Felt such a twonk I didn't let on to my d******l shooting colleagues. Still, loaded a film and carried on.

I normally get in the habit of loading a fresh film every time I take the used one out. I use 3 OMs with B&W, Portra 400 and ektar 100. Somehow, must have forgotten to reload, and never noticed the rewind wasn't rotating..........
    I've been a photographer for more than fifty years and for the first time in my life I recently shot a roll of 120 film in a Mamiya TLR, and when I opened the back to remove the film the camera empty , fortunately it wasn't anything important, but I felt such a fool.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shot a 36 exposure roll (or so I thought), rewound it and developed, only to realize it never advanced and only a clear length of film to show for it(dang, the counter went past 36,I thunk I had a bonus). That film is stapled to the front of a shelf in my DR as a reminder.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I arrived at Skyline Drive NP only to discover that the 4"x5" film was still in the refridgerator. I turned around, drove home, picked up the film, drove back to Skyline Drive. Time loss 2 hours, but worth it.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I developed a nervous tic this way with my OM...

Carrying camera around neck, spinning rewind knob feeling for tension.

You can overdo this. I have a tiny half-moon kink in several shots.

The imaginary roll of film has shots of a mother bear forcing her cub up a tree to try to get our food despite us throwing rocks at them. Descendents of these talented creatures still roam Paradise Valley.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin