Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,524   Online: 1033

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Images
    Camera and Darkroom when it was a hole in the wall. Still in business, but now all glitzed out, in a different location, with none of the same charm, or whiff of fixer.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    McGuinness Camera, Nashville Tennessee, circa 1972: Doc McGuinness was a pharmacist, who had a serious Leica problem that took over 3/4 of the drugstore. I was a wanna-be photographer in Nashville, trying to break into the album-cover world, and McGuinness was my supplier of everything photographic. Well, my business was not really a business and, since I was running quite a tab at the shop (and otherwise starving), I asked Doc for a counter job, which he agreeably provided. Anyone who was anyone in Nashville wandered into McGuinness at one time or another, from dentists looking for Leicas to professionals trading Nikon and Hasselblad bodies, to the occasional country music star looking to repairs a weird old Kodak. I continued to run up a tab, in spite of my modest salary, and finally left Nashville broke and disappointed still owing Doc $400. He died a couple of years later, I heard, and the place went to his rather fetching daughter.
    Nostalgia is a disease, isn't it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Camera's where expensive, but they had a lot of them, film and paper was cheap though and they had a lot of the stuff..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin