Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,906   Online: 1095

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reverse GAS?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fmajor View Post
    Ha! Last year I was in reverse-GAS mode as well, but it was to *invest* in a new format.
    Same here. Sort of.

This spring I parted company with my Nikon gear so as to bolster my accumulation of Contax gear. I miss the Nikon, but I am very pleased with the Contax.

I have also been sorting through my gear, unloading a lot of Canon FD and a few EOS pieces. I've also packed away my Minolta gear as I don't see myself using any of it any time soon, but I cannot bring myself to get rid of my XD-11s.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ha!

Fred - i'm with you on the XD-11's. I had 2 which were in beautiful condition, had been CLA'ed and i had put on new covers as well as a mint XD-5 (just needs a new film spool installed). However, i didn't see myself *needing* 2 of the same, nearly identical cameras plus a near-relative so 1 had to go. The market was still excellent for them and i got a good price which went directly into my RB67 gear (a Mamiya 65mm Sekor C in *as new* condition + 3 filters for $200 - including shipping).

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never really succumbed to GAS, luckily-I'm planning to add an 8x10 which I'll use for most of my b+w work, another Mamiya 330 body [maybe a 6 if I can get one] and a couple of 35mm compacts for just slipping in my pocket [very useful even for a dedicated MF/LF shooter]. My 5x4 will then be used for b+w slides and colour negs [love the sound of Portra 800 in 120] as I have a project in mind colour would be just great for ....XP2 is just a lovely film in 120 as well as it has 1930s tones but not 1930s grain Simples! Not many used 8x10s for sale in the UK though but I'm keeping my eyes open.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I went through it some years ago and preparing to do it again but I've only a few and I really hate to give them up. I broke the ice however by selling a bunch of my stereo equipment collection a few months ago. It only seems to hurt for a while but buying something seems to help. Oh, wait, that's counterproductive.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would really love to... I'm only 21 and have a camera collection that is at least half of my belongings. The apartment is running out of space.

It really is a distraction. But I can't bring myself to unload things. So instead I'm just trading off things I like.

The worst (best?) part is that since I'm young, I have a bunch of retiring photographers in the area who give me cameras. And I can't say no
    Vincent Purcell
    Lexington KY Photographer + Media Artist
    http://vincenttpurcell.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got nearly 30 cameras now and most of them don't get used...sometimes I do think about selling nearly all o them and buying a leica or a Hassy or something along those lines...but half of them I can't bear to part with and theyre the only ones worth anything anyhow...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin