Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,063   Online: 836

Shooter
    Multi Format

Scanner for B+W only.

Recommend me a scanner for 35mm B+W negatives only. I would like to scan just to sharing the photos with friends or proofing before I print.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not necessarily the best for 35mm as I have heard but it has worked very well for me especially with 120 and 4x5 negatives an Epson 4870 or newer versions should do what you indicate. I use mine with SilverFast Ai Studio software and get excellent scans. You might find a rebuilt or one that someone is no longer using at a very low price or even as a giveaway.

http;//www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All film scanners scan color, not monochrome. Even if they have a mode for black and white film, its really scanning in color then desaturating to give you a greyscale image. Any scanner will work fine if you don't want to make exhibition-quality prints. If you want to do that, you'll want one of the 4000 dpi Nikons, the Minolta 5400, or an Imacon.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would like to scan either to store every negative on the hard drive or show to the friends or flickr. I looking something around 150-200 euros.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is off topic for APUG, Epson make very good scanners. I don't think you'll find a dedicated b/w scanner, they all can scan color AFAIK, but they can scan b/w negatives. I use an Epson 4990, and I've heard good things about the V700, but I'm going to close this thread since APUG is not the best place to research scanners. You might try over at DPUG our sister site or even try the search function here, as scanners have been discussed in terms of preparing files to be shown in the galleries here.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin