Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,456   Online: 1070

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Canon EOS 500. It's small and ridiculously light. AF is great, especially with its built-in AF assist light. I have a Minolta SRT-101, but I hate manual focus cameras, to be honest.
    Gear: Broken Minolta SRT-101 with MC Rokkor 50mm f1.7 | Canon EOS 500 with 50mm f1.8 II, 75-300mm f4-5.6, 24mm f2.8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon F1N-AE
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rolleiflex 3.5F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Rolleiflex 2.8f

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Leica M4. I've only used it for 41 years, so there's no way of knowing how durable it really is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hard choice between Nikon F and Canon F-1. I think the F-1 is more user friendly in a purely practical sense, but the F is pure beauty in terms of aesthetics and construction quality, plus it has more historical value, being the heart of the first professional SLR system. It's effect not only on photography, but on the way the world takes pictures, and who takes them, was enormous. I think if I used an in-camera meter more, I would choose the F-1 on a practical level, because I highly prefer it's meter. But since I don't, I pick the F.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i don't know if i have a favorite ...
    but the one that i enjoy using the most these days
    is a ww1 era post card camera .. a graflex 3a
    that i spool my own 122 size paper ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Favorite all time camera - wow, a hard decision as I've owned some great cameras as far as I am concerned. There was my first, a Kodak 135 Pony. Collapse the lens and put it in your pocket. All mechanical and simple. It an extinction meter and the Sunny 16 guide off the Kodak boxes made me lust after making pictures. To this day, no other camera I owned does more while many did less quality wise.

The there is the Minox LX, an artform in of itself. Shooting it required understanding of the limitations of the image size but it was such a wonderful carrying camera for street photography and with the flask indoors. I have many fond memories in the files of some great places I visited. Likewise, the ML had most of the same attributes and maybe for me the best of that style camera - a pocket camera that yielded amazing results. Minox knew how to make glass.I only became turned off of it because of the continuing shutter failures.

The Olympus F series; what can one say about it, a nearly perfect size, glass that was as good as anything at the time, light on the hip with full kit and, reliable as heck. Again it did what it was supposed to, make great shots. Maybe the ultimate travel camera as it is half frame so twice the shots per roll and unobtrusive. On the street, the shutter is quiet and camera is small enough that you wer just not noticed.

Rollieflex, I'll leave it to others to praise. I agree.

Leica CL, in my opinion what the M series should have been size wise. A true successor to the SM Leica bodies as it adheres to the dimensions closer than the M series. It comes closer to the Kodak Pony than any other camera for me as a user.

Bronica ETRS; maybe the best compromise in a camera I could imagine. A long term user that never failed, that allowed me to try different ways to hold and shoot a camera with great results, reduced the need for duplicate systems as it does both FM and 35mm sizes. ONly failing is that as you get older it seems to put on weight.

Exacta VX and the entire Exacta line. A non-conventional layout that offered different views, a good selection of lenses and all the goodies to take technically excellent negatives and transparencies. To me still probably the best of all 35mm SLR systems. Of course being left hand friendly helps this lefty.

None of these limit the ability or quality of the negative or transparency. Each and everyone of them points out the imitation is the eye behind the instrument and pushes for the photographer to improve himself.

I guess though, the favorite though is now nearing the end of its life as Fuji seems to be pulling the plug on the film and the Impossible Project seems to be challenges still. I'm taking of the Polaroid 180 and 195. With the film, from Polaroid it was just so nice to use. A great lens, 1st generation prints not 2nd as the film is a positive, the same as a transparency but look at the print and see the etching on the surface giving it an almost 3rd dimension, depth. While marketed showing it as a hand held, it is really to large except for the grab shots and most pack camera users never really saw how good the Polaroid pack film cameras were. The 180 and 195, being all manual seemed to be used more for the professional to confirm lighting and settings than as a primary camera and missed how good they were. I loved the results from them when using them in the Everglades and traveling elsewhere. Smaller than a 4x5, larger than a MF it bridged the 2 sizes allowing it to be carried as a walk around without having a big box hanging such as a Graphic. Sadly, today they sit unused as finding the film is very difficult.

As to users, the Leica CL is my all time favorite. Every bit a Leica, lens quality rivaling the Rolleiflex and is small enough to be a daily carrier, it overcomes the limitations of the Bronica whoch is weight. I can not imagine not having it by me side.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Easy...my Hasselblad. It has no extra features I don't need and I can never blame the camera for a bad image. It is funny, though: some cameras you just bond to. I'm not sure why.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What Mark said.... I've been through my fair share of systems in 35mm, medium and large format..... During this evolution, I owned a hasselblad once, and sold it to get into large format. I stopped acquiring, and changing after this.... I settled on a blad again for all of my medium format needs. Its the system I know and love best, and which I am at one with. It's such a great system.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin