Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,265   Online: 967

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rolleiflex 2.8F for the practicality and sheer loveliness of it. But my real (and less practical) favorite is my 8x10. I am never happier taking photos than when shooting the 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorite, because of all the time I spent with it (actually two of them) would be my Canon T-90s. I used these when I was working shooting motorsports and although that was many years back they still just fall into my hands and are so completely automatic and intuitive to use. Like a couple of old friends.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have a favourite per se, but I have a special place in my heart for my YashicaMat. It heralded my return to film based photography...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As a 24 year old the first proper camera I received at 16 was an Olympus om4 with a 50mm 1.4 others have come and gone, but it just feels 'right'. Secondly I would have to add the Bronica rf645.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    There's no question the best ever camera is the RB67.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    nikon F3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Mamiya RB67 ProSD. No batteries to fail, and a fine workhorse with big enough negatives to print easily up to 20x24 or a bit bigger depending on film used. Unless Im doing journalism, its the RB, plus the flash sync on any speed. They only issue is the 1/400th sec limit, but its a very rare day its an issue for me. Should get some ND filters actually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Topcon RE2, which I had for 20 years or so. Only ever had two lenses, the standard and a 135mm. I really loved the quality of the solid body, the metering and those superb lenses. It never missed a beat all around Europe and into Outback Australia. One day I traded it in for a field telescope for birdwatching and regretted it ever since. Must've been mad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon F4.

Though There are far more modern cameras (regarding AF, etc.), or more puristic ones, I just love it. It was the cam that tossed me into the world of analog photography. I took it up with a 35/2 lens mounted and fell for it. And besides all this rather emotional stuff, I seriously find its knobs and wheels really useful and well designed, haptics are awesome and its meter is just great (spot, but matrix as well). Even though I have a Konica Hexar AF (also with a 35/2 lens which is much superior to the Nikkor) and I am about to switch over to the MF fraction, I just take the F4 every once in a while and shoot some rolls og film - old love never dies...

cheers,
    sewarion

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mamiya 6.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin