Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,831   Online: 1148

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My favorite camera is the one I have ready to shoot when inspiration strikes.

All my cameras work really well and without trouble, so I can't say I have a favorite.

The most versatile camera I have owned is a Rolleiflex. Light, quick, quiet, travels well, great ergonomics, strong, reliable, easy to use...
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rolleiflex (automat tessar in my case)
    Speed Graphic 4x5
    Nikon F4s
    Nikon D50

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tough choice between the T90, EOS 1V, and Contax RX/RTS III. I love using all of these.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Probably the camera that traveled the world with me. rolleicord III

Shooter
    Large Format
    My much modified Busch Pressman D is my favorite. Unfortunately it is not suitable for
    everything I do.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For a grab-n-go, it would have to be my Contax G2. Lenses for it are second-to-none, when I'm traveling, I can have an entire system at hand in a small bag, and I'm only ever disappointed by my own shortcomings when I produce a dud image with it. Second favorite would be my Canham field cameras ( I lump them together because I've got three in different sizes, but design-wise they're the same camera ). They're easy to shoot, fold up nice and light and compact, and get out of my way sufficiently that when I'm making images with them, I'm thinking about making images, not about the camera. My old Century Master Studio Portrait camera is similar ( gets out of the way ), but it isn't nearly as versatile.

Shooter
    35mm
    Two would be: Leica M3 and Nikon F6

It used to be the M3, until few years ago when I got myself an F6 and 3 sharp Nikon lenses. It has become my most used camera now and by far the best 35mm I have ever used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Bradley;

It has taken a while to consider this. Yes, I do still like the Minolta SR and SR-T cameras, and the Nikon F2 is still an enjoyable camera, but when the actual use of the camera is included, it falls to the Minolta X-700 with the MD-1 Motor Drive. I have large hands, and the X-700/MD-1 combination just fits my hand. Everything is right where my fingers expect to find them.

There are others here in the Minolta line up to the Maxxum 9 or Dynax 9, but the shutter release on it reminds me of the original Nikon F where you must make a deliberate effort to get your finger back to where the shutter release is located.

While there are many factors that may make a camera suitable for one function or another, having a camera that seems to fit you may become evident only after some time period of use. This feeling of "this camera just fits me" has become more important over the years than most of the technical specifications and the special functions.

Enjoy, and Happy Holidays;

Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For me, the camera that gives me the results I am consistently happy with is my Mamiya M645.

The one that feels the nicest in my hands is a Nikon n90s with the extra grip.
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Rolleiflex for me. I have to keep mine locked in a closet, out of sight out of mind, or I would never use the Pentax 67 or the 8x10.
    Every camera has limits as well as unique capability. I wish the Rolleiflex 2.8F could shoot 6x7, I wish the Pentax 67 weighed less and used Schneider or Zeiss lenses.
    I wish the 8x10 wasn't such a beast to wrestle with.
    Dennis

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin