Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,365   Online: 1117

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Your Personal Choice: What is your all-time favorite camera?

Like may others on this forum, I shoot, as the mood or necessity strike, a variety of formats (35mm, 2 1/4, and 4x5). That said, I retain a particular liking for my first "serious" camera, my (now retired) Nikon F2AS.
    This particular body has traveled the length and breadth of North America, and been shot (KM and KR only), in temperatures ranging from +40C to -45C without protest or failure. Perhaps encumbered by the weight of memory this particular item holds a special place: it is one of only three items in my "arsenal" ever to have been retired and put on "display" as an item of "memorabilia" (the fact that it among the three bodies used to shoot my last rolls of Kodachrome is, admittedly, part of its "specialness." What about others out there in APUGland? Is/are there a camera/cameras that can be considered a personal favorite?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have several SLR's Nikon and Pentax, also several TLR's including a Mamiya C330. Of all my cameras I use a rangefinder a Voigtlander Bessa the most. I have an R and two L's.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

X. Phot.
    Without a doubt my favorite would be a toss-up between an Anthony & Scovill Champion Variation 3 - 8x10 view camera http://www.dtristramludwig.com/image...onyScovill.pdf; and a Sands & Hunter Exhibition 5x4 Tailboard camera (1883)

Wood, Brass & Glass. The finest materials for the finest cameras.
    Last edited by X. Phot.; 11-12-2011 at 01:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My pre-AI Nikon F2/DP1. Saved my pennies and bought it new in 1974. Used it yesterday for some fall colors (Provia, not Kodachrome... <sniff>).

Took it in for a CLA several years back. First one ever in 30+ years. The camera repair tech had it ready two weeks later. I came in to pay and pick it up, and he apologized to me for taking my money. He said the camera really didn't need a CLA. The lubricants were fine. The meter was right on. The shutter speeds were within factory tolerances. He felt guilty so he had gently tapped out a few dents and dings here and there since the covers were off anyway. He said not to expect him to be alive for the next CLA.

How can you not love that...?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    without a doubt, my desert-island camera is - by far - my Rolleiflex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My top three are my Rolleiflex, Canon F1, and the RB67.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My F100 that I picked up for $75 It was my first film camera that I could feel confident shooting. All my other film cameras I've just haven't felt right.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    M2 - 50 years old next year and still sweet as a nut..
    Andy
    Per Mare, Per Terram
    Filmus Monochromus | Project Double-X | Daily Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last two posts were great !

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Rolleiflex (3.5B) is by far my favourite. It feels just right, and it's capabilities/weight ratio is the best of all my cameras.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin