Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,916   Online: 1019

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photographers Gloves

Its turning winter here already. I've never been happy using gloves, the ones I've used are too thick to use the camera.

Are there any special "photographers gloves" available?
    What do you guys use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a pair of mittengloves as the Mrs. calls them. Their gloves with the ends of the fingers cut off and a "hood" that pulls up and over them to form a mitten. Keeps your fingers warm till you need them, then you don't need to pull the whole thing off. You should easily find them an hardware/building stores.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lowepro include in their catalog a pair of gloves they advertise as been designed especially for photographers but also good for bicycling.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've used bicycling gloves in the past, but I just picked up a nice pair of windproof fingerless gloves from Patagonia, which are more suitable for winter.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    rogueish uses the same mittens that I have. They work well. Another choice if it's not too cold is liner gloves, which can be picked up at any good outdoor equipment shop. Liner gloves tend to be fitting gloves, which makes it a lot easier to manipulate shutter controls, and to operate your light meter.

I use both. That, and pockets I was up at the Athabasca Glacier (Jasper National Park in Alberta) on the weekend, and it was pretty darn cold - I think it was -7 to -10C, with a howling wind. Since I was only about a hundred feet from the car, I made due with my pockets. Thank god for heated seats in the car tho
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Fintan you are always welcome here. I live in St Petersburg, Fl. Temp today - High 85.
    David Savkovic

My home page

Images
    Outdoor Research windstopper gloves. They are nice.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    REI carries gloves that are bloth fingertipless gloves with a pull over sleeve to turn them into mittons. They have rubberized pads so the thumb can still adhere to things. They are great. Warm, and convertible so that you can use the fingertips without the interference of the gloves. I will try and remember to put in the link in a while.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fintan, you could also try here as well (MEC in Canada),
    http://www.mec.ca/Main/home.jsp
    Just look under men's clothing and then go to gloves and mitts, there are lots there.
    Brian McDowell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin