Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,771   Online: 823

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You'll need 120 roll film.
    ProPhoto Supply @ 19th & Marshall is your best bet for a variety of color and B/W films.
    Also Citizen's Photo at SE Alder & 6th will have some, but ProPhoto still has the best selection.
    Pick up your Mamiyaflex when you're there too. It will be an interesting compare/contrast with the RB67! (Also 120 film)

Shooter
    Medium Format

One possible solution

I agree; that's quite the inheritance. I wish I were that lucky!

If you're so inclined, would you be willing to donate some of them? I listen to the Film Photography Podcast, a New Jersey-based podcast with worldwide reach, that promotes and discusses film photography. Michael Raso, the show's founder and host, offers film cameras through their online store and eBay to help defray the costs of producing the show. Cameras are also given away to listeners in periodic drawings. (Note: Michael will accept only working cameras for the eBay channel, online store, or giveaways. Additional details can be found at their donation page.)

You can contact Michael directly or the general podcast address.

Dieter Zakas
    Longtime fan of FPP
    Last edited by KarnyDoc; 11-18-2011 at 10:37 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Error in an email address

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Velander View Post
    The cameras I have on the site are from images of his collection as of about a year ago. I need to update it with the rest of his collection. He was telling me about a recent addition that he said was the smallest twin-lens reflex camera ever made, but I can't remember the make.
    Good morning, Velander;

Look up the Tessina 35mm film TLR camera that uses special cassettes for its film. I think the image size was 17mm by 21mm. It was made by the Swiss watchmaker Concava up until about 1995 or 1996. It could go onto a wrist strap and there was even an accessory watch to go on top of it to justify having it on that part of your arm. Normally you just used the "waist level" type finder on the top of the camera, but there was also a pentaprism that could be fitted to the top. An intriguing, small, spring motor drive, expensive camera. I wanted one of them back in the 1960s, but things never did work out for getting one.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    Good morning, Velander;

Look up the Tessina 35mm film TLR camera that uses special cassettes for its film. I think the image size was 17mm by 21mm. It was made by the Swiss watchmaker Concava up until about 1995 or 1996. It could go onto a wrist strap and there was even an accessory watch to go on top of it to justify having it on that part of your arm. Normally you just used the "waist level" type finder on the top of the camera, but there was also a pentaprism that could be fitted to the top. An intriguing, small, spring motor drive, expensive camera. I wanted one of them back in the 1960s, but things never did work out for getting one.
    I didn't find a Tessina TLR camera in the collection, but I did find a GemFlex TLR that uses 17.5mm film. It came with a case but no wrist strap.

I brought the Mamiya RB67-ProS to the local camera store and purchased some film for it. They checked it out and it seems to be working fine. Just need to clean the dust out of it and it should be ready to go. It came with a Polaroid back so I bought some Fuji Polaroid B&W film to try it out. It came with a Minolta Auto Meter that I need to get a new battery for and learn how to use it first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin