Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,570   Online: 792

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Petersson View Post
    These people love their cameras and are finding all possible and impossible uses for it. Just like APUG, isn't it?
    it's not a camera, it's a phone.

would you get a surgery by someone using a kitchen knife? it cuts flesh, just like the scalpel does. what's the big difference?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    These people are playing, not working in an area critical to someone else's health. Art is, in a sense, play.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    These people are playing, not working in an area critical to someone else's health. Art is, in a sense, play.
    Ok, perhaps the example was a bit extreme, what I'm saying is that there's a tool for every job. Mimicking the tool won't get it done better. If at all.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just think we should all play more...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just think we should all play more...
    totally agree

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i didn't see on the site/sellling page, will it adapt it to my shoe phone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a great thread!!! Lotsa fun for sure.... I have a friend who uses her iPhone extensively and she has this nifty little set of lenses that attach *magnetically* on the back of her phone. She also is a Nikon aficiondo so the phone isn't a replacement per se - more like an enhancement.

Within reason, whatever it takes to get images that are valuable (in one way or another) to the taker is a plus.

Shooter
    35mm
    Toting around a big tele and tripod for an iPhone makes no sense...bring a body too.
    On the other hand....the ones that just snap on and will fit in a pocket or purse are a good thing IMHO as the truth was posted above, the best camera is the one you have with you.

If I'm going out to shoot pictures I will have film and decent optics, usually German, and generally a proper tripod.
    When I'm at work or running down to the shops or out on the bike then I don't have a bag of my good expensive cameras with me but I always have my iPhone and there is a compact pocket digi that always leaves the house with me because it fits my shirt pocket and I hardly notice it's there. Also because I am yet to find a Hapyucc and a source of 16mm film....
    Some of my best photos were taken on the pocket digi simply because it was in my pocket when an unmissable shot popped up when I was at work or on the way to the supermarket and even when I've been out with real cameras there have been fleeting images that would be gone before i could get a film camera out of the bag, but in 5 seconds the pocket cam is in my hand and fully powered up for a quick shot.
    To get a good photo first you have to get A photo in the first place...
    There is no doubt though that given the choice I will take a photo through Zeiss Ikon, Schneider, Hexanon or Fujinon optics on some lovely film....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i didn't see on the site/sellling page, will it adapt it to my shoe phone
    Would you believe... http://www.instructables.com/id/A-Ge...e-Phone-gen-2/
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin