Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,720   Online: 797

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Think Tank "Urban Disguise" bag that's more of a "man bag" than camera bag in appearance (the maker's intent, no doubt). I have the 30 size which is pretty much suited for one 35mm, a spare lens, a handful of film and maybe a flash; the lens can be fairly long. They make it in several different sizes. The bags seem well made, but the zipper opening across the center of the top, as opposed to a flap, makes it tedious to get stuff in and out.

Like Rick A, I also have a couple of non camera bags, indeed one from Cabela's. But after 70 years and many tries, I still haven't found the "right" bag! (Maybe it's because I keep doing different projects with different equipment - nah, that couldn't possibly be it! )

These days, a non-camera bag might be perceived to contain a fancy phone or tablet computer, so maybe those diaper bag ideas are best!

DaveT

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a small soft-sided cooler bag into which I've fitted some semi-rigid foam to divide it into a few compartments and add some extra padding around the walls. Looks utterly innocuous and works fine!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A small military style dark olive/green canvas bag which cost about £5.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use eastpack backpack - and camera inside is in plastic bag.

Shooter
    35mm
    Domke make some very good smaller canvas bags that are quite soft and don't scream "photographer". Have you thought about just wearing a jacket with large pockets and carrying the camera in a pocket? I do exactly that with an Olympus OM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I'm not necessarily in the market for a new bag; I was just curious to know what you guys use. I like to carry a camera on me quite often so I stick a 35mm/120 folder and a meter in whatever bag I'm using. This OK for these cameras but I'd want a better bag when I want to carry a little more. The lowepro and domke bags look interesting.

Shooter
    35mm
    My favorite is the Domke F-802 messenger bag (AKA Reporter's Satchel). I can cram a ton of stuff into this bag and it fits under an airplane seat. I usually use a couple Domke inserts to hold lenses and 35mm camera. It looks totally unlike a camera bag (although someone may think there is a laptop computer in there).

Shooter
    35mm
    I use a regular bag with a padded insert: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum45/9...to-insert.html
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! That sounds like a better idea for me. I never thought about padded inserts...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin