Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,460   Online: 769

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe it's a language issue... , but I never heard a bag scream.

(I checked at a dictionary, without avail. Maybe though its about `being´ a scream...)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Maybe it's a language issue... , but I never heard a bag scream.

(I checked at a dictionary, without avail. Maybe though its about `being´ a scream...)
    Yes, you are correct. It is a language issue. Saying that a bag screams...is a figure of speech. The bag does not literally scream but, rather it is styled in such a way that it is as if it were screaming.
    The OP means roughly, "what bag do you carry your camera gear in when you what to not stand out as carrying a camera?" In other words, a bag that is not obviously a camera bag.
    Last edited by BradS; 12-05-2011 at 01:08 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: close the quotes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have The One Bag by Undfind. Its a newer company so they are not super well known. I really like it because it is not bulky and perfect for carrying a few lenses, and a flash on you while you are shooting or just stepping out to wonder and take pictures. Also, you can take the photo insert out and it becomes a laptop bag. Best of all its more affordable and comes with covers to customize the look. It gets my vote.

Its similar to shootsac and lowepro messenger bags if you want more options.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

I had a small flashlight and a pen sized screwdriver in one of the outer side pockets, and the TSA people even thought I was carrying tools prior to them xraying it. Holds my speed graphic, light meter, an extra lens, and a bunch of film holders. If I go out with a few less film holders, I have room for gatorade too.

However, if you were looking for a bag to leave unlocked in a car, thieves will take tools far quicker than old camera equipment. In such case, other's advice about a cooler might be better for car storage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I have a diaper bag converted to photographic use that I use sometimes.

I'm not sure what it screams
    I vote for the diaper bag with cute little bears on it wearing diapers. Never had anyone peeked in there, works when I am out with the grandkids.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Think Tank Retro 10 (for Canon EOS 1 and 24-70mm f2.8L) and Think Tank Retro 5 for rangefinder and a couple of lenses. Both in Pinestone

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got several Domkes(F2b+F1Xb)but often use an old worn black canvas F2 without the bottom insert so it collapses a bit. Easy to find these on eBay for cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.rei.com/product/797873/rei-lunch-cooler

I use both a old diaper bag and an REI lunch bag like the one in the above link. The lunch bag is large enough to fit my Bronica ETRS w/speedgrip and an extra film back. Nicely cushioned also so everything is protected.

I also use an old diaper bag backpack as it is covered by padding for keeping things cool and is waterproof. I like that the diaper change padding to lay a baby on a table is stored on the side facing your back for extra comfort. The pocket inside the bag for a milk bottle now can be used for a lens or a flash. Best part was that it was free since my kids are bigger now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine says "Safeway" on it...lol

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a canvas bag by Tilley Endurables that was a gift many years ago. Strong, understated, well made, just the right size for two Rolleis, accessories, & film. I don't see the same model in the current catalog. Damn expensive stuff but damn good too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin