Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,353   Online: 795

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I have a diaper bag converted to photographic use that I use sometimes.

I'm not sure what it screams
    I have yet to find a diaper bag that's exactly what I need. Maybe I should try the diaper bags for cameras and vice versa.

I do have a cooler bag that's perfect for my Hasselblad - it's exactly the right size and shape.
    I also have a small purple teddy bear stuffie dangling from my LowePro bag. No one's stolen it so far - maybe the bear makes people think it's not a camera bag (I usually put the bear over the logo when I leave it in the car).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

The camera inside... It screams "Help me, somebody"
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I have yet to find a diaper bag that's exactly what I need. Maybe I should try the diaper bags for cameras and vice versa.

I do have a cooler bag that's perfect for my Hasselblad - it's exactly the right size and shape.
    I also have a small purple teddy bear stuffie dangling from my LowePro bag. No one's stolen it so far - maybe the bear makes people think it's not a camera bag (I usually put the bear over the logo when I leave it in the car).
    Make sure you don't get the diaper bags mixed up then Bethe, it could result in a very smelly accident
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    Only a few of us can pull it off...
    I remember several years ago, before the TSA appeared and became aggressive, back in the days when the airlines checked you as you entered at the gates, I was boarding with my brief case, my computer bag, and my "man-bag" on my side. A woman was in front of me, and one was behind me.

The attendant stopped me, and announced that I was allowed only two carry on items. I calmly announced, loud enough for everyone around to hear, that this was my purse.

Both women burst out laughing, and the attendant, completely dumbfounded, said nothing as I continued on.

Today I'd probably go to jail for that.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    I still use a green canvas military bag that dates back to WWII or before. Picked it up after the local Hercules Army Surplus burnt down when I was kid. Got lots of other great stuff like helmets and bayonets too. A fire sale you might say. But thats another story It will easily hold a 35mm or medium format with a spare lens. Great bag when less is more. But usually I use a black Domke that is like an comfy old pair of jeans now. The Domke bag is bomb proof. It's my favourite all around bag. Also a great unassuming bag is the Urban Disguise from Think Tank. Ballistic Nylon Fabric / YKK RC-Fuse Zippers and a pocket for a lap top. Function and style from ThinkTank. I fly with this bag, but for everyday use it's the Domke.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have assorted Domkes and Billinghams that do little more than hold gear at home. I use a Filson Field Bag with a Tenba Wedding Insert for a lot of my wanderings. I also use a Filson small Carry-on bag, with Zing pouches to pad the gear. Sometimes I grab a Dockers airline carry on bag, which is a bit wider than the messenger types; I also put the gear in Zing pouches.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

This current model is the closest to the bag I have. Mine doesn't have a "star" - it is just black on the side.

http://shop.ju-ju-be.com/Limited-Be-...3-10BU01A.aspx

And yes, I bought it used, after researching the fact that it is completely washable.

I think I paid $15.00 at our local thrift shop.

With a strap on Lowepro lens case and just a little bit of padding it holds an RB67, an extra lens or two, a hand meter, an extra back, some film and a few extra small accessories.

Or less, if I don't want it that heavy
    Last edited by MattKing; 12-06-2011 at 11:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot the link
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've been known to put a medium-format outfit in a canvas tool bag, the kind with pockets all around the outside. For disinformation, I carry gym socks, a toothbrush and paste, deodorant and a sweatband in the pockets. To keep it up-to-date, I suppose I should add a bottle of "vitamin water" and one of those concentrated energy bars (half-eaten).

If anything, this setup screams in agony from muscle cramps....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a cheap place to buy bags. You'd have to modify them, but they definitely don't look like a camera bag.
    http://www.armysurplusworld.com/disp...epartmentID=84

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've been using a few army surplus bags for years and always enjoyed the idea that if anyone wants to steal something, that ragged old looking canvas probably wont be their first choice.
    K.S. Klain

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin