Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,943   Online: 1092

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You are obviously talking about filters for Caucasians. Note that green filters darken skin with a complexion ("brown" skin). I find a green filter gives very natural results with Indian-type people (I don't know what that skin color is called), without a filter they look too pale.
    You can also choose filters based on eye color. Blue filters give very interesting results with blue-eyed people.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I wasn't intending this thread to be geared toward Caucasions but I guess that is what is usually assumed in the literature. I'm interested in filters for fair-skinned and tanned-skinned people mostly. I'll probably have to play around with a few filters to find out which I prefer but I was thinking of starting out with three: Polarizer, Yellow, and Green.

I feel that the Polarizer will darken skys when they're in the frame without the tonal effects of a red filter and they would be very useful in general whenever I have some reflective surface. I'll probably opt for some light to moderate shades of yellow and green because I prefer more natural renditions. I'm not really trying to hide blemishes and wrinkles too much. I just want to make the skin tones a little darker or lighter and I do agree that naturally tanned-skin people look a bit pale.
    Last edited by msbarnes; 12-17-2011 at 09:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin