Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,574   Online: 1017

Shooter
    Multi Format

A Misbehaving Minolta Spotmeter M

Sitting around this afternoon, and doing nothing particularly constructive, I decided to do an inventory and quick cleaning of the equipment I was taking to the Island with me this weekend. Much to my surprise, I found my Minolta Spotmeter with its full display showing. I first thought, OMG, I had left the thing on after my last trip out. Upon closer examination, however, the "measure-lock" switch was left in forward (i.e. "lock" or off position). Removing the batteries (obviously) turns the thing off. Reinserting the batteries - with the "measure-lock" switch in the lock position - results in the illumination of the meter's full display. Any thoughts? Anything I should look at/check/tamper with before sending it in for repair?
    Last edited by BradleyK; 12-15-2011 at 05:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have personally opened my Spotmeter F (probably similar to yours) and closed it several times, making some soldering inside as well, without negative consequences.

You might consider trying to open it, unblock the blocked button, and reassemble it. The usual disclaimer apply

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin