Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,512   Online: 1104

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sly, you are just too damned practical! Where is the romance? <<ROTFLMAOWBMHATD!!>>

rollingonthefloorlaughingmyassoffwhilebangingmyhea dagainstthedesk
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice compromise, Sly. I'll mention that and I bet it will go over well. The last isntruction I was given befroe I just gave up was, "Buy clothes only if you see one of hte manniquens wearing it." That worked too. It was perhaps my "realism" when it came to sizes that caused the disharmony. Please inform us, if you will, as to why some women would rather receive cute cloting that is sized too small and needs to be returned/exchanged versus cute clothing that would actually fit them?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brian, if you have to ask you ain't gonna understand the answer.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Brian, if you have to ask you ain't gonna understand the answer.
    You're probably right. I'm still with my first wife. What do I know about women?

Way back when I was a pup, my first boss urged me to get married right away... to anyone... whether there was love involvd or not. His theory is that a first marriage should be a training session for the real thing. As absurd as I thought that suggestion was, he's starting to make a little more sense to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Way back when I was a pup, my first boss urged me to get married right away... to anyone... whether there was love involvd or not. His theory is that a first marriage should be a training session for the real thing. As absurd as I thought that suggestion was, he's starting to make a little more sense to me.
    A similar concept:
    When I was growing up, a close family friend said, "The first child is like the first waffle off a new waffle iron. All the mistakes are made on it and therefore it should be promptly thrown out and start from fresh with a new one."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    You're probably right. I'm still with my first wife. What do I know about women?
    Don't start rocking the boat now by trying to understand!

She's probably just as confused about you at times-I guess that's what they mean about keeping the mystery in the marriage!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not that I like injecting seriousness (Siriusness?) into an otherwise wonderfully messed up thread but I do have a fantastic suggestion for all you with "Christmas Gift Receiving Syndrome" Use Amazons wish list function. You can find pretty much everything on Amazon, chemicals, tanks and reels, etc. plus you can add items from other web sites. You fill out the list and send it to your favorite wealthy gift giver and they just have to click, click, click. My wife loves it, and shes not even a red head!
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Siriusness? My girlfriend tells me to pick out what I want and then tell her how much to write the check for. She is always happy with what I get her. Why are you have problems?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I traded the ex in for six cans of dog food and a pint of beer, but now her hubby thinks he over paid me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    A similar concept:
    When I was growing up, a close family friend said, "The first child is like the first waffle off a new waffle iron. All the mistakes are made on it and therefore it should be promptly thrown out and start from fresh with a new one."
    My parents were too poor to afford a waffle iron. My mom had to make a pancake and have my father step on it with his army boots!

Matter of fact, messing me up this badly was a multi-step process!

When they got some money they divorced, which I guess is, uh, ironic.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin