Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,146   Online: 1036

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well ....

My wonderful wife said to me this year:

"Why don't we take advantage of KEH's free shipping promotion - you pick out some things you would like, and we will send an order in".

Then she bought for me a Canon EOS Elan 7e body in pristine condition that I saw listed on Craigslist for $20.

AND, she is a redhead
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Sly, you are just too damned practical! Where is the romance? <<ROTFLMAOWBMHATD!!>>
    How about this? We still dance in the living room when favorite music comes on - it's a sure way to bring big goofy grins to both our faces.
    When we moved in here a few years ago, he built my darkroom, before he built the garage for his '52 Austin. That's way more romantic than fluffy bunny slippers or uncomfortable lingerie in my book. There's alot more to romance than Christmas presents.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sly, it sounds like you two have it figured out.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Sly, it sounds like you two have it figured out.
    Indeed. I'm impressed... a real role model!

Shooter
    35mm
    Two words: gift cards.

My family are all under strict instructions to *never* buy me any photo gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can always count on you guys for good information and some good laughs. Although I wouldn't be the least bit unhappy to have a beseler 67 with a color head that comes out of my photography budget. Film and a 150mm lens for the 645 take priority and maybe something like an ftb or spotmatic to replace the fed 5v I'm using for 35mm. I hate getting gift cards because I never get them for the places that have what I want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still love my red. Original model too. She is a great wife, and wonderful mother.
    Not the greatest organiser, and don't tell her important things at breakfast, because they won't sink in, but knowing her weaknesses is where I try to fit in my strengths.
    Let her shop all she wants for clothes from the catalogs that land at our door. She can buy whatever she wants, as long as if fits away into one of her two closets of three dressers; she pays for it.

When it comes to Christmas gifts, she shops, and we split the bills.
    I wrap and decorate the home; we split meal and treat cooking duties most of the year, and Christmas time also.
    If it is a gift that I want, I buy it, and wrap it, and put her name on the 'from' tag.

She heads off at least once a year to do a community theatre play. That means I need to get more organised than usual getting the rest of the clan around when she is out.
    The up side is that there are at least 6 weeks of three rehersals a week when I can disappear to the darkroom after the kids (presently 8 and 11) are sent up to read before bed.
    There there are three weekends of performances when major weekend sessions can be undertaken, if I have planned things right.

I try to build up enough sleep over credits hosting other pals of our kids at our places over weekends during the rehersal period that I sometimes barely see anyone in the house when the run is on. That lets some great marathon darkroom sessions to be undertaken. Times like that I usually devote to large prints on FB papers, because the handling and washing and drying takes such a long time until you yield a sometimes toned, spotted and mounted print ready to take a place of prominence in the living room.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't realize this thread turned into a redhead discussion - I feel compelled to say that having been with only one (unfortunately) they are completely crazy and worth every single bit of the trouble. I always find it amusing that people's opinions all or nothing when it comes to gingers. I'm one of those types that will double back on the street just for a second look.
    "There is no such thing as objective reality in a photograph"

My flickr and (gasp!) dpug photos - take a look if you like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nhemann View Post
    I always find it amusing that people's opinions all or nothing when it comes to gingers.
    I preferred Mary Ann to Ginger.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had dibbs on Mary Ann! But if you insist, I'll take Agent 99.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin