Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,406   Online: 973

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rant : family confusing home dev. vs printing

My family is driving me crazy here on this. First let me say I'm one of those people impossible to buy for when it comes to christmas so I decided to make it easy for everyone this year get me what I need to develop b&w at home. Got permission from the redhead from hell and made out the list of what's needed and inventory numbers from freestyle, simple right? Red got talking to a friend who ASSUMED I'd be wet printing as well my oldest niece who took a photography class in college ASSUMED I'd be doing what they did lab develop then print in a home darkroom the opposite of what is planned. All i wanted was the chemicals a changing bag a 120 reel and a couple of thermometers. Already picked up a tank with a couple 35mm reels and have some pyrex measuring cups to convert. I had figured if I had something worth printing I'd pay to get it printed until I get to the point where setting up a hybrid work flow or bathroom printing makes sense. All this gets sprung on me today. I finally got my niece on the phone she immediately got what i planned when told. So hopefully I'll get what I want instead of the usual crap I don't

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
    My family is driving me crazy here on this.
    My redhead is a brunette, but I live much the same life as you seem to be living. Over the years we've come to the realization that the best person to shop for specialty items is the person who uses, needs, or wants them. Even when I give my wife specific instructions, l as you did, she finds a reason to "do it her own way"... an din the past that has turned out to be following hte suggestion of a salesman who didn't ahve what I wanted and convinced her to buy what he had to sell. So I shop for photographic stuff and give it to her to wrap, and she shops for herself and gives me stuff to wrap. That was we get what we want and there are no disappointments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    p.s. Congratulations on scoring a redhead. I always wanted one, but the one I dated was just too much for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    about redheads every one I've known is a handful. And I'm with you on gear for the same reasons.

Shooter
    35mm
    yeah, it would be lousy of somebody got you an enlarger and all the stuff to print with....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Larry, did you know that you are not required to renew you contract? IMNSHO I recommend that you do a trade in for a newer, more flexible model.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now you just have to score a safelight, trays, and enlarger at a yard sale.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My solution is very simple. I NEVER ask for anything. When I need it, I buy it myself.

Shooter
    35mm
    We become incredibly cruel at Xmas. We set our loved ones impossible tasks of guessing what we want and in areas where more expertise than they have is required.

What's worse is that our cruelty is rightly returned when they demand exactly the same of us.

Ah... the spirit of Christmas!

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I agree with Max! I ask for nothing. If they insist, donate to charity in your name....buy what you need when you need it, no concern

My wife gave me the below this year...love it!! I sent it back to her! I will drag some inane object out of the darkroom and wrap it (so the kids see us exchange)...

http://www.missminimalist.com/one-le...n-certificate/

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin