Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,235   Online: 852

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=semi-ambivalent;1274893]A financially healthy analog Eastman Kodak, because if EK analog is healthy then analog in general *has* to be rockin'. (My gift to all).

For myself: I would like a mint black, double-stroke M3 complete with a vintage 50mm.

To give: I would like to give to two of my nephews and to my niece - all of whom share my love of photography - a paid week at one of Jay Maisel's workshops. The man has been one of my heroes since I first saw some of his work - if memory serves - in an issue of American Photographer, back in the late 1970s. My "kids" have been "exposed" to his work and, like me, continue to be amazed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Gear wise I've got four lenses; three more than I need. There are films I miss, but I mustn't dwell on the past. Our son was born two months ago so that really is our dream gift. Having a secure job would be a great thing but I fear that, like HIE, that's a thing from a bygone age.
    Steve.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    20 year old knees.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A sound mind.
    Healthy family body, mind, spirit.
    My own custom designed and built darkroom
    Endless supply of Ilford products, e.g., Art 300 & regular fibre paper.
    Success as a fine-art photographer.
    Give: Proclaim the GOOD NEWS, Jesus is the LIGHT through word and my work.
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mablo View Post
    Just peace of mind. For a little while.
    I agree
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Since a secret Santa gave me a Bronica setup AND an Isolette II this year...I can say, as long as the kids don't fight, I need nothing...I am a rich man from stem to stern.

Shooter
    35mm
    Some time to shoot would be fantastic...
    I've got a crapload of film now and yet been spending all the time at office or in bed.

Cheers,
    Som

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A big beautiful studio free of rent for a year.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I already got everything I could ever want this year - the love, respect and companionship of my parents. They've supported me through a rather tumultuous year without hesitation or complaint. I only wish I could repay them in kind. Maybe I have, by accepting their support and surviving the tumult with grace and equanimity, and letting them know how much the support has meant to me.

On to the toys.... well, my folks are REALLY hard to shop for, as they already have everything material that they want, and have no unmet needs. For myself, I'd LIKE ten boxes of 14x17 TMY 400. And a good vacation in the springtime to somewhere interesting that I've never been before, like maybe Budapest, Prague or Moscow. I'd include Havana on the list but there's a few legal hurdles that keep it a no-no for now. Maybe Cartagena instead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear Crashbox....

Your not.....I have one ( several in fact ) and not once in 25 years at ILFORD have I ever thought that this in any way could be construed as a 'nice thing to have' as a Christmas gift, still as my Grandmother always said 'it takes all sorts to make a world'.

Anyway, if you are ever passing this way you are welcome to have a go in one....

Simon ( Santa ) Galley ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    That would be a dream come true- I'd never make it home because I would have so much fun experimenting and researching!
    I would love to use the "FP" flash setting on my camera, but I cannot find "Flash Powder" anywhere... such is life.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin