Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,226   Online: 902

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

What would be your dream Christmas gift to give or receive?

For me it would probably be a mint condition Reid & Sigrist with a 2” Taylor Hobson. The M & S socks are just not quite the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having made the mistake of not buying a Reid III with a TTH Cooke f2 50mm for £25 in the mid 1970's I was a poor student at the time. now I'd like £2000 ($3,200) of warm tone paper (all the same coating run)

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    We have all been there, got the T-shirt. In the early 70's I sold a Leica I with a 3.5 Elmar for £13 because I was stoney broke student.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was invited to go to Yosemite with a large group of co-workers for a week long class with Ansel Adams. Since I knew that the zone system was for sheet film and I had just stretched to by a 35mm camera and lenses, I knew better and passed it up.

A class with him now would be great, but I am afraid that his present environment is not all that desireable to me now.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To get the 150mm and 55mm lens for my P645 and all the film I could shoot in a year. To give ,since my mother still loves painting landscapes at 78 I'd love to nail at least one landscape a month to give her to paint from, sorry about the poor phrasing on that

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, I'm on the way home from Texas where I visited our daughter and her family. On the way to her place I bought 20 pounds of xoconostles, am looking forward to figuring out how to put most of 'em up. Will eventually cook 'em, since I have the Guanajuato Xoconostle Cookbook which is full of recipes that use guess what.

But that's my gift to myself. Yesterday the kid and I bought my wife a cute litte 32 quart tamalera with glass cover. She has no idea that she wants one, but when I hand her the box she'll realize that she's need one all her life. If she doesn't get the idea, well, it will another gift from me to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A house with room for a darkroom - I'd give it to my wife
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The dream gift to receive for me would be a happy family. My dad always asked for that and I never really understood it until recently. I dont want any objects/things any more, just a happy family.
    Craig Griffiths

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A gift that would give me the biggest smile? A working Fender Rhodes 73 key Stage Piano and amp to suit……and the magical ability to play it like Billy Preston on the Beatles song ‘Get Back’.

OK, I’m going through one of my ‘phases’ at the moment….

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To spend Christmas with our two daughters who now both live in California, while we're still back east in Massachusetts.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin