Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,118   Online: 1028

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    ...which saves me bucketloads of room...
    When assessing storage of large amounts of film, it's the volume of material that matters.

The volume is the same for one roll regardless of whether the negatives are side by side or stacked.

The only volume that would be reduced is that taken up by the sleeving.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Some of the negs had been improperly fixed, some had photoflo residue. The crud on some strips transferred onto adjacent strips. . . .
    They are not stuck together, or "ruined" but I would have been happier if they had been in their own sleeves.
    Man, that's not a sleeve problem, that's a hygiene problem. The solution to your spoons sticking together in the drawer isn't to lay them next to each other instead of stacking them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    When assessing storage of large amounts of film, it's the volume of material that matters.

The volume is the same for one roll regardless of whether the negatives are side by side or stacked.

The only volume that would be reduced is that taken up by the sleeving.

- Leigh
    The volume of a sleeve is several times the volume of a roll, which means that reducing their number has a dramatic impact.

While I can see this being a problem in humid areas... this is South Australia. Driest state in the driest continent.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    considerthe tim consider the time you've invested in those managerse and fforty consider the time and effort you invest developmentou consider've iconsidernvestd the time and effort in those younegativ invest within those maybenega managerstives, because You'll regret thiafter the 1st after humid summer, when the strips start sticking to ea each other each other
    Typing on an iphone? :-)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I store my 120 one roll per page. I've always done that to avoid scratching and sticking. Considering the relatively low cost of the storage pages (I just bought a package of 100 for USD 18+ tax) I can't see doing otherwise just to save some money.
    +1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    No, but you can pick up some nice scratches on the negatives.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't do it. Too much risk of things mentioned already. How much is a great shot worth vs some storage material?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin