Quote Originally Posted by Snapper
I'm looking to buy a dry mounting press. Can anyone answer the following;

* where can I buy one in the UK - I have never seen them advertised?
* how much do they cost?
* is there a big s/h market?
* how big are they - I'm looking to mount up to 16x12" prints

As Leon said one source is Ebay, they come up at regular intervals, several in the last month. Check out this one.Ebay
The mechanical clamp type are heavy. Generally you need a press larger than your print, but you can mount larger prints by moveing them and taking several "bites" at the job. Vacuum presses are also available, which are a lot lighter, but fetch much higher prices.