Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,880   Online: 1077

Thread: dry mounting

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

dry mounting

I have bought a t-shirt press for mounting prints. I bought Seal rc tissue wich bonds at 86 degrees celsius. However the t-shirt press' minimum temperature is 96 degrees.

Do I have to buy other tissue or is those 11 degrees celcius extra not a problem? I press the print for two minutes. It looks okay, but it's the first time I have tried. I have tried to mount both fiber and RC paper with this tissue.

Images
    Good Afternoon, Grainy,

With FB prints temperature is not much problem even if it somewhat exceeds an ideal or recommended level. With RC prints, just take some sections of scrap prints and put them in the press for the same time and at the same temperature you plan to use for your finished work. If the temperature is a bit too high, a kind of glazing will appear on the print surface prior to any obvious melting. If that doesn't happen, you should be good to go. (There are a number of APUG threads on this general topic.)

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if you find your press is a bit hot then use a piece of thin card over the print (and the release paper you have over the print) - this will reduce the temperature slightly

Although I would think 2 minutes is a long time to mount a print...mine are usually done in less than a minute?
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin