Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,839   Posts: 1,582,468   Online: 751

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you both. And hvandam2, thank you for the info. BLICK is only a mile from where I live in Philadelphia. - David Lyga

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    Also, I do have another question? Oftentimes I see prints for sale at flea markets or even galleries where they are covered with an extremely clear plastic of some sort. I believe that this is done to keep out the dirt and smudges. What is this covering and where can it be bought? Thanks. - David Lyga
    Like this?

Crystal Clear Bags: http://www.archivalmethods.com/Produ...&Productid=165

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, is there a 'household' solution (inexpensive) or is there only the 'proper' way to do this protection? - David Lyga

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    david

are all your prints standardized one size print, are they all one size ?
    you might be able to get a boatload of precut mats ( all acid free ) for not much $$
    then you just get acid free foam core .. cut it to the same size as the overmat
    .. get a few sheets of acid free paper ( copy paper is acid free sometimes )
    cut a whole bunch of small rectangles and fold them in the middle to make your acid free corner
    use lineco (or whatever brand you like ) linen tape, and glue the corners down with the print in the window
    and get your dickblick bags and you should be in good shape for not much money.
    i have a alto ez mat cutter i bought 25+ years ago ( 50$$ ) and i makes it easy to cut mats if you want to go that route
    you can cut them in anything, form matboard to foamcore to ... rag paper ... you can also
    get rag paper and a box cutter xacto and a ruler and cut windows that way .. a "museum sheet" of foamcore or 4ply board
    will run you about 5$ ( or used to anyways ) for a 32x40 sheet rag paper is cheap too and comes in big sheets.

have fun !
    john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin