Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,773   Online: 890

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Try Lodima Archival Materials. We have ArtCare mat board--highest quality there is. We have the lowest prices anywhere. We have no minimums. And no pre-determined standard sizes, meaning a mat, say, 15.5 x 19.625 is the same for us as 16x20. Of course we have all of the standard sizes, too. And we are APUG sponsors.

We have added on to a building and will soon be installing a new guillotine. And we have a computerized mat cutter to cut overmats up to 40x60. And since we are photographers first who are extremely demanding with our own work, we can offer advice about anything to do with mounting and overmatting.

Right now we are preparing to travel for 6 weeks. Someone is here to handle orders, but it might take a few days longer than usual, but once we are back and with the guillotine set up we will generally fill orders within a day.

Michael A. Smith
    www.lodimaarchivalmaterials.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just bought some ArtCare mat board and machine cut overmats from Lodima. I think they represent the best value out there in pre-cut mats, especially in regard to the overmats. They know how to cut the openings to allow floating the entire image in the window with extra room at the bottom for my signature, and they know the correct offset from the bottom of the mat for the window in any size. These things are very important to me and it takes a photographer who exhibits to understand them and deliver just what I need.

All I have to do is tell Michael what size picture on what size board, whether portrait or landscape, and I'll have just what I need in a day or two. Highly recommended.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great info, made me post workflow questions in a new thread..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Another thumbs-up for Lodima Archival Materials. I use Alpharag from them and a couple of other sources. Shipping to the west coast from Lodima gets too expensive when I just need a small order, but I'll continue to use them for larger orders. And, it's good to support fellow photographers.

For those in the west, Redimat has good prices if not the best selection (some colors of AlphaRag not in stock). Daniel Smith is also good.

BTW, I really like pre-cut board, so I don't have to take the time or the space to do that myself. I don't cut my window mats either, but lay out the dimensions on pre-cut blanks and take them to my local frame shop. I have a deal with them and their computer mat cutter. They cut for me in bulk at just a couple dollars a window. I really like not having to deal with that aspect of the presentation and instead concentrate on the more creative aspects.

Best,

Doremus

www.DoremusScudder
    Last edited by Doremus Scudder; 02-18-2012 at 11:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Yet more kudos to Lodima Archival Materials. Simply tell Michael the size of the print, etc., etc. and the correct mounting materials are at your door in a day or two. Similar praise to Mark as well at Frame Destinations. One can call either Michael or Mark to discuss your needs and feel confident that you will receive complete and competent advice and information. I have dealt with both companies but tend to go with Lodima because of proximity and shipping costs. One simply cannot go wrong by dealing with either of these fine and honest gentlemen.

Ed

Shooter
    35mm
    Just joined APUG... we would love to help you out. Call us at Lumiere Photo... 888.263.1651.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lumierephotoco View Post
    Just joined APUG... we would love to help you out. Call us at Lumiere Photo... 888.263.1651.
    I've used Lumiere for a 1000-piece order of specially-cut matboard for the college where I am employed. The pricing was excellent, they were prompt, and communication was great. I was completely satisfied with their service and product, and I can recommend them without reservation.

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey thanks for the tip! I had to buy a full sheet of rag board at Aaron Brothers for a show recently and paid about $15. They also charged me for 1 cut. I'm going to have to restock my precut supply.

Shooter
    35mm
    Golden State Art Supply. Most are non-archival, but the prices are pretty aggressive for non-archival needs.

Shooter
    35mm

Give us a call...

Call Bob... he offers the best in personal service at Lumiere Photo. www.lumierephoto.com.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin