Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,396   Online: 780

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Pre-cut mat board

In the past, I've bought pre-cut mat board from Light Impressions. I've heard a lot of bad news about them and I'd like to find a new vendor for pre-cut mat board that's also archival. The size I'm interested in are 8x10 and 11x14 and maybe 16x20. Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    http://www.danielsmith.com/Item--i-G-285-650

This is a very good place and they often offer free shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a contributing advertiser to APUG, FRAME DESTINATION:

http://www.framedestination.com/

They seem to have just about anything in any sized you need.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Osgood View Post
    There is a contributing advertiser to APUG, FRAME DESTINATION:

http://www.framedestination.com/

They seem to have just about anything in any sized you need.
    Top notch company which I can recommend highly.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll second Frame Destinations. Buying from it for a little over a year and I am a pretty satisfied customer.

Occasionally, FDI does a special on ten packs on pre-cut mats on select color/sizes. If you can wait for it, it's an excellent deal. If not, by grouping your order you can save enough to make paying for shipping a worth while expense. Initially, you'd think their shipping is a bit high but you'll understand why once you get your package. (trust me, it's worth it....)
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the responses. I'll check out both vendors. I hate buying full sheets of 32x40 and cutting them myself. But buying them pre-cut works for me.
    Best,
    Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll echo the reliability and quality of Frame Destinations. If you're looking for the exact color and look of the Westminster bright white board like I was, then check out Lumiere - http://www.lumierephoto.com/ . I've ordered a few things from them and been very happy as well. I use them and Frame Destination.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been buying from Frame Destination for a few years and can recommend them without reservation. Take a look at their prices for the frames and other things that they also carry. I am addicted to 8 ply mats; something they do very well and at competitive prices.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Also, check out the company called printfile.com

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Wow, thanks everyone for the positive recommendations!

Despite being the owner of a picture frame company I have never hand cut a mat other than in a framing class. When I was first starting Frame Destination I bought pre-cut until we had the revenue to get computerized mat cutters. I would rather be out taking pictures than cutting mats. Of course there are advantages to hand cutting mats, but if you are able to buy at qty 25 there is very little if any savings over cutting yourself.
    Regardless, my company along with many others can sell full-sheets or pre-cuts. If you do decide to go the full-sheet route and you are reselling you might see if you have a frame distributor in your neighborhood that can help you save shipping cost. If not our company can at least spare you some shipping damage since we do not pack full-sheets the way most companies do.

Cheers,
    Mark

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin