Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,273   Online: 1027

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Limited edition

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you for your opinions everyone!
    I have decided to limit them to 12 because if feels like a good number in my gut. Thanks for the link ROL, it was interesting reading, I'll try to keep the dying as a final resort if nothing else works.
    //Sarah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    12 sounds like a good number to start with. I've been doing editions of 4 for the longest time and they sell out fairly quickly now (I had one edition sell out in less than a month). If I could start over though I would do things differently, I'd really like to do more with some of the stuff only a few people will ever see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...must be nice to sell enough to be concerned with capping your editions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you do these as limited editions - do 1-3 AP(Artist Proof) prints for you to keep.

Be up front about the Artist Proof number. Also up front if you are doing an edition in one size and will be doing an edition in another size.

Or, you could be like a Kinkade and have a 'limited edition' of over 34,000 prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I plan to never edition and die earlier than expected as to avoid editioning and selling my photographs at a premium.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My comments on limited editions:
    http://www.classicbwphoto.com/classi.../To_Order.html

Reinhold

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    I plan to never edition and die earlier than expected as to avoid editioning and selling my photographs at a premium.
    Even better, fake your death, then show up as your long-lost twin.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Limited editions are good for business people who happen to be dealing in photography. Open editions are great for photographers with faith in the quality of their photographs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would never ever make a limited edition. Perhaps I would make three prints at a time. Plus minus 1 or 2!
    A year or two or ten I would make new prints from the same negative. On different paper possible, because the old one is gone or I want to.
    Or I want to try a new developer or tone differently.
    I will be a bit wiser or dumber in the future and will change so I will print diffenrtly. I never take notes of my darkroom work so that it will not take me down the wrong route in the future.
    As an artist professional or amateur one should follow ones believes and state of mind. Not what Galleries or business men expact from one.
    Then again this makes life easy for me because I hate taking notes and am lazy.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Limited edition

Peter Lik sells his prints as 1/500 haha!

I agree it's hard to make editions with printed media now, and I for one don't have those storage capacities available to make a full run like that.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin