Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,661   Online: 1142

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Limited edition

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That all depends on your popularity and the quality of the work, if your name is known then you can charge more, etc, depends on how it's framed and matted as well, custom framing is costly so sometimes they want to customize but other times they want it already framed. This whole things is highly subjective.
    I am not popular at all but I try to use the best frame and glass.
    It is even difficult to find more photographers printing that small to compair.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well it's been a while since I first posted the question and I have now come to the conclusion that I will not do limited editions. I'm way to messy for keeping track on which number I'm on, since I don't want to print a whole series in one go. And why should I limit myself? It will happen naturally since I quickly get bored with an image. I now feel more confident dealing with galleries as well. It's easy to get hung up on things when you are insecure and when people "in the business" tell you how they want you to do things. In the end it seems to work out better when I do what feels best.
    A lot of interesting thoughts in this thread though and I do like the idea of numbering prints!
    /Sarah

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin