Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,286   Online: 873

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Frames of a sort- metal corner clips

I've been trying to find these "frames" for a while - they're like so-called swiss clips, but instead of having just a little tab of metal that goes over the front glass, they're L-shaped corners perhaps 1-2" in length. They hang by the same system in back- a string or wire that is pulled tight to create tension on all the corners and hold the glass/mat/mount board sandwich in place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see these at Blicks -- is that what you mean?

Note that some of the exhibitions legislate against clip frames in their prospectuses.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Those are swiss clips- the thing I'm looking for is similar in concept, but has a much bigger "clip" that shows in front of the glass. Pretty much covers the entire corner, instead of having just two little tabs showing. I know most exhibits don't want them - I don't normally want them either for a variety of reasons, but there's a show I've been asked to participate in that welcomes minimalist framing. Worst case scenario, I can just package the matted prints and the plexi and include enough L-pins that they can mount the work that way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, more like a piece of channel bent into an "L", I'd guess. Of a bunch of art and frame supply places I have bookmarked, I only find these. They don't give much detail, and they're plastic which would make me nervous - and I've never bought from the outfit.

(Ah well, I tried!)

Good luck!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah - that's exactly what I am looking for, as you described in metal. I've ordered from Misterart.com before. they're ok- there was something funky about ordering from them but I don't remember what it was- might have been they jacked up the shipping cost, or they waited five days before shipping something that was paid by credit card and express shipping was requested, or something. In the end I did get my product, so it worked out ok, but I just remember something left me not quite happy with their service.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin