Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,546   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Don't use stamps on photos the ink will bleed trough the paper at some point in the future. Maybe not in the next 20 years but it will happen sooner or later.

Dominik
    If you printed with a border and had a nice stamp done, you could just stamp the front, which is what many Chinese artists do (actually most of them stamp it to be part of the piece, so it ends up wherever there's space to spare).

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Don't use stamps on photos the ink will bleed trough the paper at some point in the future. Maybe not in the next 20 years but it will happen sooner or later.

Dominik
    This is could be enough to sway me from stamping the back of a print. I know many dry mount their prints then stamp the back of the mount. This is a nice idea, but I do not dry mount. I'd like to number and provide info and sign the print on the back. It'd be nice to have a simple template like a stamp where I can just fill in the information.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    ... I'd like to number and provide info and sign the print on the back. It'd be nice to have a simple template like a stamp where I can just fill in the information.
    If you include a copyright notice - leave out the year...

Don't ask me how I know... Dang, I say that a lot maybe make a good thread in itself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This product is specifically for stamping modern resin coated photographic papers http://www.wcp-nm.com/osc/catalog/pr...roducts_id=498
    Last edited by benjiboy; 06-24-2012 at 11:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin