Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,388   Online: 960

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Nielsen and Bainbridge framing

Any one know of a good source (cheap) for nielsen and bainbridge framing and matts?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    americanframe.com is good for... frames. I dis-recommend Light Impressions for losing orders and not having things in stock and other problems.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    try contempary frames, they carry every profile

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    americanframe.com is good for... frames. I dis-recommend Light Impressions for losing orders and not having things in stock and other problems.
    I second americanframe.com. Both times I have placed orders they were promptly shipped and filled. Others may remember back 6 months or so I saw a sale going on there and posted for others to take advantage of it. I believe in the end I paid $3-6/11x14 frame, but I can't remember the exact figure. Look for their sales and stock up!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Images
    I saw Jeremy's post about that sale at American Frame and picked up a dozen 14"x14"s. Great prices and service. Their regular prices are very good too.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My suggestion would be to talk to your local frame shop(s)...

When I was starting out I explained to them that I wasn't stealing business from them, but needed raw materials to frame my own work. (This was work they weren't going to get anyway...)

I ended up meeting a wonderful woman, who eventually gave me a part time job in the shop while I was shooting freelance... Our friendship continues to this day and she is my source for metal frames and hardware.

Mats I get from an art supplier in Toronto... By buying in bulk, I get a discount, and shipping is virtually nothing.

Find out what kind of deals are available to you in your area as well as online... You never know unless you ask... Gives you something to compare to if nothing else.

Good luck,

joe

Images
    I've been ordering mat board from Documounts in Portland, Oregon for many years. Great to work with. The url is http://www.documounts.com/. They do custom pre-cuts and whole sheets.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Aaron Bros. is a large nationwide chain, and they carry N&B for a good price. I especially like their 16x20 with an 8-ply precut 8x10 matte. They have ordered anything in the N&B line for me that they don't usually stock, and it arrives in a week.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin