Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,862   Online: 1110

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help in choosing a 35mm Slide Projector

I am looking for a small 35mm slide projector, by small I mean something that I can put in a back pack or shoulder bag and preferably it runs on batteries. I don't mind it being a bit heavy as long as its compact. Is there a projector like that? Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't recall seeing any such slide projector. It may not help you, but there are small digital projectors.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a small personal slide viewer that's probably what you want. It runs on some AA batteries or a wall wart.
    It has a lens for direct viewing of the slide. It's not a projector.

Go to www.amazon.com and enter slide viewer in the search box. You'll get over 1300 hits.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdEye View Post
    I am looking for a small 35mm slide projector, by small I mean something that I can put in a back pack or shoulder bag and preferably it runs on batteries. I don't mind it being a bit heavy as long as its compact. Is there a projector like that? Thanks.
    There are small slide viewer that run on batteries but these you look thru a magnifying glass with a back lighted slide. It would be tough to run a slide projector on batteries as most of the projector I know need something like 200W bulb and that is too much for battery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Possibly something like any of these would work for you? Pana-Vue makes good slide viewers. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...rch=yes&sts=ma
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Agfa Reflecta projector is portable (it even has a carrying handle), but it would need an awfully big battery to work.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wasn't there some new projector out of Europe that was discussed here? One wd take a slide and slip it in infront of a bulb, it had three legs???? Maybe $100'ish, anyone? Think the company rep even posted a couple comments, maybe 6 months ago??
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Diapod slide projector, available new, tiny.
    Don't have any experience with it, but it looks mighty cool

http://www.diapod.com/

And there's one being sold right here on apug (from UK):
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...diapod-uk.html

Rgds,
    Denis

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Denis P. is right, the Diapod comes closest to your specs... It would likely operate on low voltage (or if put on an inverter would not draw a lot of current).

There are also plenty of Minolta mini 35 slide projectors available, some reasonably priced, some outrageous. Not battery operated but small. The bad thing about vintage projectors is they almost always draw too much power even for an inverter...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up one of these little guys for my annual trip to visit family cross country. It's similar to the Minolta mini. AC power only, it's about 6" x 4".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLIDE-PROJEC...#ht_775wt_1185

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin