Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,435   Online: 913
      
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,542
    Images
    14

    My new web portfolio/site

    This site has been made to use as a calling card for Laura (my lovely wife) and my work. We are sending print portfolios to gallery's and it
    seems to be mandatory for the gallerists to see the work before you can even send in a portfolio.

    This is not a commercial website in any stretch... I would appreciate any constructive critisism, there are changes being made now and in the future to the grammar and
    some of the images, but I am most interested in hearing if the site is effective in communicating what Laura and I do as photographers.

    Our goal is to have the portfolio on the West Coast in January and start moving back to the east coast to different potential gallerys.


    Here is the site www.patersoncarnie.com

    PE - I know you are going to hammer me on the word solarization, but its not changing.

  2. #2
    bsdunek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,058
    Images
    180
    Very nice site. Easy to navigate and I like the idea of both of you on the site. Great idea! Also, your wife's IR work is gorgeous! I didn't think IR in the winter would look good, but now I'm going to try it.
    Bruce

    Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!


    BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

  3. #3
    Toffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Point Pelee, ON, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,763
    Images
    106
    I like it a lot, Bob.

    Question, is the word "printing" supposed to be in this sentence in your bio?

    "...where he has developed an international reputation for traditional and digital fine art printing for acclaimed photographers, galleries and museums." It seems to beg a verb there. Otherwise, I am very impressed; nice and simple. Makes me want to take a hack-saw and cut all the extraneous crap out of my site.

    Well, done, sir!
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

    Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

    http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com


  4. #4
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,542
    Images
    14
    you are right... this is why I am putting it out there..I will have my guy add this.

    thanks for the kind words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I like it a lot, Bob.

    Question, is the word "printing" supposed to be in this sentence in your bio?

    "...where he has developed an international reputation for traditional and digital fine art printing for acclaimed photographers, galleries and museums." It seems to beg a verb there. Otherwise, I am very impressed; nice and simple. Makes me want to take a hack-saw and cut all the extraneous crap out of my site.

    Well, done, sir!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    it
    seems to be mandatory for the gallerists to see the work before you can even send in a portfolio.
    I have had the same experience so far (although limited). They don't want to see the physical prints until they've seen scans, which sucks, but anyway.

    Nice job on the site. It is clean and easy to navigate, which I like. I wish you the best of success with this.

  6. #6
    MDR
    MDR is offline
    MDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austria
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    991
    Overall I liked your site but there is a small thing that kinda bothers me and it's on the start site, your wife's image is as wide as the text and square whereas your image is smaller than the text and rectangular this makes the site look a little unbalanced imo other than this small thing nothing to complain about. The difference between your wife's and your work as well as your styles are clearly communicated right from the start.

    congratulations

    Dominik

  7. #7
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,542
    Images
    14
    Dominik

    Thank you I will contemplate this.

    I work with 8x10 and 4x5 aspect ratio and my wife works with square or 35mm aspect ratio and I did find this concerning each time we make invite cards for shows and yes I was a bit
    concerned about this.. very good observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Overall I liked your site but there is a small thing that kinda bothers me and it's on the start site, your wife's image is as wide as the text and square whereas your image is smaller than the text and rectangular this makes the site look a little unbalanced imo other than this small thing nothing to complain about. The difference between your wife's and your work as well as your styles are clearly communicated right from the start.

    congratulations

    Dominik

  8. #8
    Dan Henderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Blue Ridge, Virginia, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,891
    Images
    240
    Bob: I think this is a very clean, easy to navigate web site that showcases you and Laura's wonderful work very well. My only critique is that on the portfolio pages it is very easy to click through landscape-oriented images, but when a portrait-orientatation is encountered it is necessary to scroll down a bit (at least on my MacBook), then scroll back up to click to the next image.
    Best,
    Dan


    web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

    blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

    I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

  9. #9
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,542
    Images
    14
    Thanks Dan

    and all ... this is exactly what I am looking for as the site is still in testing phase.

    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    Bob: I think this is a very clean, easy to navigate web site that showcases you and Laura's wonderful work very well. My only critique is that on the portfolio pages it is very easy to click through landscape-oriented images, but when a portrait-orientatation is encountered it is necessary to scroll down a bit (at least on my MacBook), then scroll back up to click to the next image.
    Best,
    Dan

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,544
    I like your website also. Great images!

    Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin