Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,864   Online: 1089

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MF slide show..

Shooter
    35mm

MF slide show..

If a person wanted to do such a thing, how do you get them mounted? What kind of projectors are still available ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They made 2 1/4 slide mounts. I remember using the cardboard ones in college. Used a tacking iron to seal them. There were also plastic ones. The best ones had glass (recommended), as I seem to recall a few of mine buckling from the projector heat.
    MF projectors are out there, but not cheap.
    Last edited by eddie; 12-24-2012 at 09:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My father would mount them in glass and used a black tape around the edges and he also had Bausch & Lomb 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" metal frames that held the glass.

He had a great Bausch & Lomb projector that took slide trays. We lost track of his projector and I have not been able to find one anywhere.

Since Kodak started walking away from slides the last few years I have not bothered to look for the projectors.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rolleivision 66 dual P (DHW Fototechnik GmbH, in German)

Rollei 66 Dual P Projector (B&H catalog, in English)

60 x 60 one Anti-Newton Glass, 3mm (Gepe, in English)

Gepe 6x6 Anti-Newton Glass Mounts (B&H catalog, in English)

Not for the faint of wallet.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I paid $200 (IIRC) for a used Rollei 66P projector a couple of years ago.

And I was given a Kindermann medium format projector a month or so ago.

I don't know of anyone who will mount the slides for you.

There is some old stock of mounts available on store shelves, but it isn't inexpensive.

I have both GEPE mounts and a mounting tool as well, but I really need to set off some time for a slide mounting binge.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have always purchased the mounts and placed them myself. As for projection, well if anyone out there wants to get rid of a medium format projector ...
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

MF slide show..

I second the MF projector reception (after the above poster of course).

Also, I have a bunch of MF 6x6 plastic mounts but I also have metal ones with glass too, picked up a bunch on eBay for real cheap. Also 35mm of the glass ones.

Anyway look around and keep up the search.

Check goodwill an Salvation Army too.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I think a mf slide show would be the bomb.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used to project 6x7 negatives. A lot of fun, but I think I'm happier holding a print in my hand. Blowing up a slide to 8 or 10 feet is fun and all to see the incredible resolution and detail, but a lot of my photos were not meant to be shown so large.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used a relatively modern (c. WW-II) and cheap lantern slide projector. Worked fine for 6x7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin