Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,800   Online: 1019

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cut Sheet packaging-where to get some?

Hello APUG users,

I am cutting down roll sheet enlarging paper into various sizes cut sheets, and I need help finding boxes and the dark pastic bags to protect the sheets from light.

These things are giving me quite a bit of difficulty in finding them. I have googled it, to no avail.

Since Kodak quit boxing cut sheets, I have decided to make my own. My only holdup is packaging.

I am looking for 8x10, 11x14, 16x20, 20x24 boxes and dark sleeves.

Thanks for your help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.adorama.com/DKSTB.html
    http://www.adorama.com/AM14105.html

Please see comments section for the former item.

I could not find bags for any other size.

Are you going to market it? Otherwise, you might just get some paper safe and store your cut paper there for your own use....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I improvised and used some pretty thick ( I think 4 mil, but I can go look if you think you'll try this ) black poly that I bought in huge rolls for covering parts of my garden in winter. I folded it over so that I cut two sheets at a time and cut out a big rectangle, sized so that when I folded it in half it was the size of the "envelope" I wanted. Everything is two sheets thick. Then I folded over the sides and taped with black duct tape. The top folds entirely over ( 4 thick ) and tapes to the front. I made three of these and use them to carry around my unexposed paper negatives for changing in my changing bag. I'm still using one stack that I made in July and there is no fogging on the paper, even though it has been in direct sunlight many many times. The roll itself was not all that expensive, maybe $20 ( 100 feet long and about 5 feet wide ), and the amount I used for the envelopes probably didn't cost more than a few cents. Works great and I'll make more if I need more paper storage bags. The only downside I've noticed is that the outside of the bag seems to get static and attract dust. I find myself wiping it off often, but none has gotten inside as far as I'm aware.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Freestyle does have 5x7, 8x10, 11x14 cardboard envelopes with black bags.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To all: Thanks for all of the feedback! I really appreciate it. I liked the idea of the large roll of poly sheeting, I have used it before to block out light, never considered making bags from it. If the demand is there I would consider marketing cut sheets. I like Kodak paper more than Fuji CA, so cutting it myself seems the only option.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin