Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,660   Online: 824

Thread: Exhibition help

Shooter
    Holga

Exhibition help

I quite desperately need help with the following challenge:

1) Work to be exhibited in a very challenging space: no walls, only north facing, street level windows with metal dividers splitting them into 5 usable window boxes approximately 1mx1m (39in x39in) in size.
    2) pt/pd prints - obviously need to frame them but windows can't hold anything heavy. They only have those plastic hooks (regular household ones or however else you'd describe them) attached to the metal. Unframed prints would be fine but can't hang pt/pd like that. I've been thinking of finding some floor standing panels to fit into the eye view of those windows but not sure where to find them in Toronto and what would be the most economical way to have them for a month. Not to mentioned aesthetics of them.
    3) Would you ever exhibit fine art prints together with giclee? Maybe one wall pt/pd, another giclee or any such combination? Is that a total faux-pas or how is it generally looked at (if there are such "rules" at all)?

Thank you kindly!
    Last edited by @leksandra; 03-11-2013 at 11:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Given your size/space constraints (realistically you're going to be showing 5 images, 10 images max) I'd stick to one medium only - either all pt/pd or all inkjet. There's no rule per se about showing one print type only, but if you want people to take your work seriously, I'd strongly recommend showing a consistent body of work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too would stick with one medium if possible. If permissible consider attaching industrial strength (Velcro) type material I believe made by 3M to the metal divider and figure a way to attach heavy pound test mono-filament between the dividers to hang the frames from.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin