Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,219   Online: 770

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good CV samples

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Good CV samples

So it's time to modernize my CV. It is a bit dated and needs a more modern, fresh look to it.

Any suggestions of good ones either here or on-line you have seen lately? Yours maybe?

Much obliged.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please enlighten the uninformed (i.e. me): what is a CV?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Ciriculum Vitae?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    CV - Curriculum Vitae aka Resume - the road map to your (past) accomplishments.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Psst...Daniel...ssshhh...get your head down quick...watch out...thought police everywhere...you think you've asked a simple question...watch in amazement and horror as it quickly gets twisted, warped, ground out of recognitian by the flame throwing thought police...don't believe me...check out what happened in the ethics and philosophy forum..."share your artist statement"...if you're lucky they'll be too busy farting around over there poking each other in the eye's & you just might have a civil discussion here...I'm going to head back and watch the fur fly...remember, keep your head low if you want to keep your hair...mines pretty singed...good luck my friend...

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just so Murray feels better . . . We're APUGers! We don't need no stinking CVs! Why are you even asking?!

Seriously, I assume your inquiry is prompted by some marketing-related concern? If so, it might be appropriate to tailor your CV to the stylistic expectations of those who are asking for it. For example, if you're targeting a particular gallery, see who they are hanging, and then check the style being used by those folks.

Although I haven't seen too many (perhaps because I don't pay too much attention to such things myself), my assumption would be that the style for a CV should be very terse and factual - similar to phrasing used in an outline. That is, much shorter than one might use for a full résumé composed for a conventional job. But again, I'm no authority.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Although I haven't seen too many (perhaps because I don't pay too much attention to such things myself), my assumption would be that the style for a CV should be very terse and factual - similar to phrasing used in an outline. That is, much shorter than one might use for a full résumé composed for a conventional job. But again, I'm no authority.
    True. I agree. Well written, r.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Just so Murray feels better . . . We're APUGers! We don't need no stinking CVs! Why are you even asking?!

Seriously, I assume your inquiry is prompted by some marketing-related concern? ......
    My CV needs to be updated for a grant I am applying for. I have no use for such things, really, but the "reviewing committee" has to have one or my application goes in the can (no cv = no money... photographs are not enough for grants in photography... go figure!).

Thanks, for the "warning" Murray. Yes, I did see that other thread degenarate into something rather unfortunate. However, I am not asking for opinions here, just samples (safer that way?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    My CV needs to be updated for a grant I am applying for. . . .
    For a grant application, my guess would be that the CV should be more, rather than less, detailed.

Age 2: loaded first roll-film camera, photographed playmates in sand box
    Age 2½: won prize for youngest entrant in juried photo show
    Age 3: loaded 4x5 sheet film holders by myself in the dark, ignoring boogey man

etc., etc.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Age 2: loaded first roll-film camera, photographed playmates in sand box
    Age 2½: won prize for youngest entrant in juried photo show
    Age 3: loaded 4x5 sheet film holders by myself in the dark, ignoring boogey man...
    Impressive CV you got there, Ralph? Talented kid. How old are you know, 4?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin