Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,618   Online: 773

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Can you help with German grammar correction?

I designed a flayer to be send to Germans mailboxes. The problem is that my German is not good enough yet.
    I am looking for help from anybody who can correct the words and grammar issue in my text.
    I will be very thankful.

Traditionellen und Archivale künstlerische Drucke. Bild in einem Rahmen montiert und Museum hochwertigem Glas, mit hoher optischer Klarheit und UV-Schutz.

Márcio Faustino ist ein unabhängiger Fotografen. Er arbeitet mit traditionellen drucktechnik, kleine und große Film-Format und Papier Negative.

Die Photografien sind datiert und unterzeichnet, machen jede Drucke einzigartig.

Sollten Sie mit Ihrem Kauf aus irgendeinem Grund nicht zufrieden sein, können Sie diesen innerhalb von 60 Tagen nach Bestelldatum zurück den Druck. Sie erhalten nach Eintreffen der Rücksendung den vollen Preis erstattet.
    That is it.
    Just to be clear what I meant to say here is the version in English:

Archival traditional photographs. Printed on pure cotton base paper and fibre base paper, mounted on a elegant frame with museum grade glass, with high optical clarity and UV protection.

Márcio Faustino is an independent photographer. He works with darkroom enlarge and contact print techniques, from small film negatives up to large format.

Printed on demand, they are hand signed and dated which make each of them unique and collectable.

If you are not happy with the print, for any reason, you can return it within 60 days of the order date. As soon as it arrives, a full refund for the entire purchase price will be made.
    This will be a great help for me.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm a native speaker. Don't ask ME about german grammar... Ask a foreign speaker, he will know.

But... your text is terrible. Even to me...

But your English text is enigmatic too:

Printed on pure cotton base paper and fibre base paper

Makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by AgX; 05-23-2013 at 07:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The first one is Art 300 and the seccond one fibre paper.
    Since I am not sure if buyers know the name Ilford ART 300 I just say pure cotton base paper.
    I also don't know if buyers know what I am talking about if I say "Silver Gelatin".

So I say the way it sounds understandable to anybody.

Edited... What I say above is that I offer print on two type of paper. I am not saying that I print with Art300 that have fibre. It doesn't exist.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Translation sent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You are Great!!!
    Thank you very very much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I'm a native speaker. Don't ask ME about german grammar... Ask a foreign speaker, he will know.
    Yes a native speaker will use what sounds right without thinking about rules. An English speaker will say, "You sent the package to whom?" without thinking that the preposition to requires the objective case.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Exactly! When I'm stuck (again) with some grammatical issue, I tend to think: Does it sound right?
    Forgot most of that rules, if ever I learnt them. A foreign speaker most likely had learned them, and not forgotten yet.

Gerald:
    I would have said "to whom" to.
    So, you just can't rely on all foreign speakers...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I know it. I used to be very fluent in French and among the Frenchs that I knew I was the one who could explain them the rules of their language.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Márcio,

first, I'm glad that AgX could help you, but given that you are a professional and this is a commercial website
    maybe you should consider (for your future requirements) to pay someone to have this done professionally. I think your beautiful pictures deserve high quality texts and such an investment would pay off in the long run.
    As you write that you are based in Freiburg, Germany, there is one point that I have to bring to your attention.
    In case that your business is registered in Germany, you are required by law to have an "imprint" ("Impressum") on your (commercial) website. Your website is obviously missing such an imprint, which could not only invite hefty fines from the authorities but could also lead to very expensive legal action; unfortunately there are some nasty lawyers out there whose "business model" it is to scan the web for commercial websites that lack imprints, then initiating legal action against them and collecting their lawyer's fees from them. This is a real threat, a lot of small businesses have had to learn this the hard way, so please get this sorted out as soon as possible.

Good luck,
    John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemosyne View Post
    Márcio,

first, I'm glad that AgX could help you, but given that you are a professional and this is a commercial website
    maybe you should consider (for your future requirements) to pay someone to have this done professionally. I think your beautiful pictures deserve high quality texts and such an investment would pay off in the long run.
    As you write that you are based in Freiburg, Germany, there is one point that I have to bring to your attention.
    In case that your business is registered in Germany, you are required by law to have an "imprint" ("Impressum") on your (commercial) website. Your website is obviously missing such an imprint, which could not only invite hefty fines from the authorities but could also lead to very expensive legal action; unfortunately there are some nasty lawyers out there whose "business model" it is to scan the web for commercial websites that lack imprints, then initiating legal action against them and collecting their lawyer's fees from them. This is a real threat, a lot of small businesses have had to learn this the hard way, so please get this sorted out as soon as possible.

Good luck,
    John
    Thank you for the alert.
    I am actually still looking on how to register a company because somebody told me I have to, but because I am not able to comunicate well in German things are slow for me to find out how to do.
    But I will check this out too.

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin