Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,587   Online: 1199

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Darkroom equipment as furniture...

A kind soul listed on Craigslist some free DR goods the other day and I was given a Kinderman drying cabinet. While dragging it into the house on its way down to my DR lair in the basement, I set it down in the family room to catch a breath. My wife said, "Wow is that neat looking, I kind of like it here in the family room...". I was planning on putting it in my basement with my other DR goods....but it's sure got some charm Think this is thr first piece of furniture that I picked out. I told my kids that every family has a film drying cabinet in their family room....thankfully they knew I was pulling their leg

Just a lighthearted Friday night post for ya to chuckle about....the cabinet is gonna stay here, never had anything in that corner anyway

Ps, hope you find humorous the section I posted this in....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree - charming! I hope it stays there and gets passed down through the generations!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i find this presentation to be tasteful and fitting

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the winter months, you can dry your wet socks in it.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^haaaa....though the thought of fibers getting in it gives me APUG-hives

I kinda want a plastic cover to put over it like some put over their couch/stairs/carpet...however I am sure that will overstay its welcome in the family room. I guess it now is just another piece a furniture to dust....prob will be better treated in the main living space than in the basement
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your wife is a definate "keeper"...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it's sad to say that a lot of darkroom equipment out there IS furniture... it's certainly not being used for its stated purpose. It occurs to me that exercise equipment also has this distinction in many homes. I understand that exercise bikes and treadmills are great drying racks for laundry.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    When friends come round it is certain to be a conversation piece. You can tell people it's a CD cabinet for storing the CDs at just the right humidity.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A nice bright coat of paint would make it really stand out! How about a bright cherry red. It would look totally retro muscle car cool!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That does look very nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin