Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,022   Online: 906

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Revamped my website, what do you think?

http://michaelsergiobarnes.com/

I am not selling services or prints and hence that stuff is omitted.

And I'm mostly interested in the website as it is (layout, font, image sizing/organization, and etc.) and not on the actual images (composition, lighting, poses, and etc.) unless it is relevant.
    Michael | tumblr

Shooter
    35mm
    I really like he simplicity of the layout and the overall design. I don't like fussy sites so yours look good to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Michael:

Aesthetically the site is very pleasing and it responds quickly in my browser. The self-portrait (I assume) on the Info page is striking and very well chosen.

I am a little bit confused by the organization.

At the bottom of the Info page I see four links: Portraits | Blog | Flickr | Instagram

The Portraits link takes me to a page with a number of moderately sized thumbnails for portraits. Clicking on the thumbnails takes me to some larger versions of several images

At the left side of the Info page there are four more links: Graphite - Environmental - Indoors - Candids

Each of those links takes me to a page with a moderate number of larger images.

I would prefer to see a heading for Portraits, with further sub-headings for particular classifications.

And I would prefer more consistency with thumbnail sizes and image sizes.

It also would help if you identified the images in some way - to help those who might wish to refer to favourites, for example.

Hope this is helpful.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Really really like your page. Simple and effective.

Just one thing... is the fact that Rolleiflex image is actually reversed intentional? It looks somewhat weird in my opinion.
    (see the logo on the camera)
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post

Just one thing... is the fact that Rolleiflex image is actually reversed intentional? It looks somewhat weird in my opinion.
    I assume that it was a self-portrait taken using a mirror.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    First vertical scrolling portfolio site I've seen in some time.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Hi Michael:

I am a little bit confused by the organization.

At the bottom of the Info page I see four links: Portraits | Blog | Flickr | Instagram
    Thanks, I will work on this. Those four links are seperate pages and i can see why it is confusing. The idea was to check out these links for more work and for my social media.
    Michael | tumblr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post

Thanks! And yes, the Rolleiflex image was taken in a mirror and hence I didn't invert the negative.
    Michael | tumblr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I kind of thought so but I thought I'd tell you....

With some context such as mirror, or dresser, or something showing within the image, it'd be clear. It's your site, it's your design.... Just my opinion. I really like your site for its simple appearance.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin