Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,878   Online: 1085

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Seal MT5....gone???

I attempted to buy some Seal MT 5 dry mount tissue from Freestyle, but it been deleted from their catalog...and then from Adorama which doesn't seem to have it either. Has this stuff been discontinued? (I was finally getting some expertise using it and still have a small quantity, but I need more.)

If MT5 is gone, does anyone have a recommendation for something at least as good? I would prefer a tissue that bonds during heating rather than cooling. The MT5 was permanent I believe....are removable tissues just as secure?

I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions. Thanks!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It's actually all over the place. You can also look for it under the name Bienfang or Bienfang/Seal.

I've used Colormount for years if I haven't had any of the MT5, that is still quite plenitful.

Looks like there is still some of this at:

http://www.national-art-supply.com/section-30-12.html

and

http://www.misterart.com/store/view....1&group_id=949

Dick Blick has it too.
    Last edited by Robert Hall; 01-27-2005 at 09:17 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added information.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    John,

In looking at Hunt/Bienfang/Seal s sit it looks like MT5 is gone. Most people including myself have been using colormount for everything and it works fine. Give it a try.

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

MT5

Actually I went and scoffed up alot of the MT5 because not only is it gone but the price for colormount is abiut twice as much. No matter what I do the colormount seems to lift off the matboard. Maybe someone here who has been using it can help out. I have a package of the colormount for sale in the darkroom section if anyone wants it. (11x14)
    Peter

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    did you talk to someone at freestyle. the last time i got some it was not listed,but when i called they had it in stockkl?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    did you talk to someone at freestyle. the last time i got some it was not listed,but when i called they had it in stockkl?
    No, I didn't, but if it's going to be totally unavailable eventually anyway, I'd just as soon find something that works well and will be around for a long time and learn to use it instead.
    John Voss

My Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin