Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,868   Online: 900

Shooter
    Multi Format

Storing Mounted Transparancies

Is a better way to store mounted 645 and 6x7 slides?

I have been using card file boxes from Office Max/Depot which will hold ~ 100 cardboard mounted (Blair Mounts) 6x7's or ~ 50 in Gepe mounts. But I've always wondered about the archive quality of the inexpensive (<$5) Office Max/Depot file boxes. Is there a better storage alternative available? I have several thousand mounted slides. The 6x7 mounts are 85x85mm. There are Print File pages for the 35mm slides but nothing that I have found in the past for the 645 and 67.

Thomas
    Thomas

No art passes our conscience in the way that film does, and goes directly to our feelings, deep down into the dark rooms of our souls.
    — Ingmar Bergman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can get hanging file sheets that fit in standard steel filing cabinets, which i find to be the best way to store them and to view a whole sheet at once on my large light box.
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    This system for 6x9 negatives may possibly work for you. Details are in the last paragraph. Not cheap though, depends on how much one values his work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I keep mine in print file sleeves and closing binders for the most part.
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin